Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea's military warned Tuesday it would attack South Korea and turn it into "debris," in Pyongyang's latest response to what it says are confrontational activities by Seoul against the country.

The threat comes a day after military officers from the two Koreas held brief talks at the heavily fortified border, their second official contact since the North broke off inter-Korean relations in February.

The North threatened to cut off all ties if the "confrontational racket" continues, citing a South Korean general's recent threats to launch a pre-emptive strike against its nuclear sites and the refusal of civic activists in the South to heed Pyongyang's demands to cease distribution of propaganda leaflets critical of its leadership.
Story continues below ↓advertisement

"The puppet authorities had better remember that the advanced pre-emptive strike of our own style will reduce everything opposed to the nation and reunification to debris, not just setting them on fire," the North's military said in a statement carried by the state-run Korean Central News Agency.

Tensions
Relations between the two Koreas have been tense since South Korean President Lee Myung-bak's administration took office earlier this year pledging to get tough with Pyongyang.

Earlier this month, Gen. Kim Tae-young, chairman of South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff, told a parliamentary committee that his military was prepared to attack suspected nuclear sites in North Korea if the communist country attempts to use its atomic weapons on the South.

North Korea has demanded that South Korea stop activists from sending balloons carrying leaflets critical of the communist regime across the border, saying the flyers violate a 2004 inter-Korean accord banning propaganda warfare.

The South Korean government has stopped official propaganda but says it cannot prohibit activists from sending the leaflets, citing freedom of speech.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27413846/

·
Registered
204 Posts
Oh those naughty kids :rolleyes:

Anyone here remember the last time they had a sibling tiff back in the 1950s?

North Korea has learned that to get what it wants it just has to have a diplomatic or military temper tantrum.

I have spoken to several ROK (South Korean) Intel operators about this issue and believe it or not, they see their North Korean neighbors as "Brothers who have lost their way". They see reunification as a joyous future event.

I don't see a shooting war breaking out on the peninsula over yet another tantrum.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
without decent food supplies to even feed its workers and keep whatever passes for their economy going, I dont see their military as capable of doing much more than hunting for rats to eat

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
without decent food supplies to even feed its workers and keep whatever passes for their economy going, I dont see their military as capable of doing much more than hunting for rats to eat
That may be true...

But a massive artillery barage on Seoul followed by a million man human wave attack would be pretty devastating, don't you agree?

I don't think the North could sustain a long term war of attrition - but they would certainly put a hurtin' on the south.

Plus what if China got involved again?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Plus what if China got involved again?
China sees NK as more of a liability than an ally.

As for NK versus ROK, the NKs get far more value from rattling the saber than they ever could by actually drawing it.

Cheers :thumb:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Pffffft, they must be out of rice and dollars again.
We Americans are the stupid ones, every time that 3rd world ****hole wants a few billion to play with they pull a stunt like this. Naturally after they calm their fit pitching we send thousands of tons of rice and a freighter load of green backs.

Amazing how we have become the lapdog of that disgusting little country.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
North Korea is full of hot air, they hardly have enough fuel to move a tank and China won;t get involved due to it's economic ties with South Korea. Even though they don't admit it, to China, South Korea is more important than N. Korea.

·
22,122 Posts
oh yeah- they're a threat allright...

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Lob a couple pallets of rice across the border and tellem to shut up for another month.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
So true

North Korea is full of hot air, they hardly have enough fuel to move a tank and China won;t get involved due to it's economic ties with South Korea. Even though they don't admit it, to China, South Korea is more important than N. Korea.
I was wondering if anyone else noticed that. I deal with a bunch of folks out of S Korea and most have offices in Bejing. the North is a drain on China and a pain in their behind mostly.

·
Registered
784 Posts
yeah, north korea is rattling there sabers, but by the same account we have to remember that the "Korean War" is still on going, there is just a cease fire in place, there never was a peace treaty

·
22,122 Posts
with their government, maybe we should put those poor people out of their miseries....

*thinks*

on second thought- who will put us out of ours?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts