Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somali pirates who have taken over a* Iranian merchant ship laden with a mysterious cargo have suffered skin burns, lost hair and fallen gravely ill “within days” of boarding the MV Iran Deyanat. Reports are ...

More...

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
That is sobering indeed, at a time when I am already somewhat troubled in mind and spirit.

That's how that it happens, radiation sickness.

·
Joe McCarthy was Right!
4,788 Posts
Iranian..... Hmmm maybe one of our subs should put a torpedo in the side and see it a mushroom cloud erupts.... LOL

·
HOPE4BEST&PREP4WORST
493 Posts
:rolleyes:I am sure that they'll chaulk it up to Allah. Praise be to Allah....Allah ak Akbar...blah,blah,blah.:xeye:

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Makes you wonder what them iranians are up to but it does sound like radioactivity.

I bet they never though that there muslim brothers from samalia would hijack there ship.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Makes you wonder what them iranians are up to but it does sound like radioactivity.

I bet they never though that there muslim brothers from samalia would hijack there ship.
Hmm, could be any number of things which would cause the symptoms they are describing, but radiation is definetely one of them. If it's happening within a few days, probably around 450 to 500 rems. Could just be that the ship was carrying nerve gas or something similar, but then, blindness is usually listed as one of the early symptoms instead of just hairloss, burns, and eventual death. Could be partially processed uranium ore...it would put off enough radiation to cause the effects they are listing and would fall under the terms "industrial products" and "minerals". But again...could be any number of things.

--Wintermute

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
Probably ALL propaganda to make us think that Iran is really moving forward with their nuke program...
Well, given the source is the National Terror Alert center of the USA.. :) I can't see the same story's insinuations anywhere else, but in quotes on blogs. The Somali pirates are not a part of the Islamist armed movement, they are a power to be destroyed before they can achieve their aims much like the warlords which arose over the country's extended period of anarchy. Those warlords, like the pirates, abide by ruthless commerce in arms and drugs - not via a hierarchial structure of an ancient religion. One could really go out on a limb here and suggest Somali American spec ops pulled off the job, faked the illness and pumped the headlines out. Why not, all eyes are on the piracy of these waters, it would look authentic for Iran's nuclear capacity to be revealed this way (as the words of US officials are no longer trustworthy.) Or perhaps they were slinging nuclear warheads. Who knows :thumb:

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
this from the same bunch of nitwits that took on a destroyer and cruiser with RPKs and RPGs in outboard motorboats? not bleedin likely.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
was the ship bound for Iran? I didnt read about the destination.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Because even HE felt like a sissy singing those lyrics.[/QUOTI

it was a indirect way of saying even you might of felt like something less than sensible posting "Probably ALL propaganda to make us think that Iran is really moving forward with their nuke program..."

but i guess i wuz too subtle.

oh yea... hard to make tiny tim feel like a sissys probably but yeah, there isnt a msore syrupy dumb song than "mockingbird hill" If that had been the wake up tune on "groundhog day" he would have been motivated to end the cycle a lot quicker!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
oh yea... hard to make tiny tim feel like a sissys probably but yeah, there isnt a msore syrupy dumb song than "mockingbird hill" If that had been the wake up tune on "groundhog day" he would have been motivated to end the cycle a lot quicker!

Now, you've made me want to hear what this song sounds like.. :D:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Now, you've made me want to hear what this song sounds like.. :D:
At your peril! I was putting together a CD of what I call "cheerful charlie breakfast club " songs, and came across that one.

The idea is to have tunes that are SO upbeat and noxiously cheerful that you have to get up if only to turn off the CD player. Any ideas? i have about a half dozen sure fire ones.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts