Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I am glad someone found a use for hte. After trying them in cold weather I found out they need to be bigger, and honestly they just sucked keeping body heat in. Maybe I needed to be naked or something(people have said they work better that way), but all I ended up looking like is a street vendors giant toco wrapped in tin foil. Interesting ideas.

·
hunter-gatherer
751 Posts
I am glad someone found a use for hte. After trying them in cold weather I found out they need to be bigger, and honestly they just sucked keeping body heat in. Maybe I needed to be naked or something(people have said they work better that way), but all I ended up looking like is a street vendors giant toco wrapped in tin foil. Interesting ideas.
You don't want to be naked. That just makes you sweat, and shortly thereafter you're likely dead (in cold weather). People have claimed better luck using them as an outer layer after a wicking layer, like using leaves as a filler.

However - the best uses i've seen involve using them as reflectors (put them around the fire to shine heat into your shelter, or line your shelter to reflect heat down on you or on your back), impromptu water bottles, etc.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
You don't want to be naked. That just makes you sweat, and shortly thereafter you're likely dead (in cold weather). People have claimed better luck using them as an outer layer after a wicking layer, like using leaves as a filler.

However - the best uses i've seen involve using them as reflectors (put them around the fire to shine heat into your shelter, or line your shelter to reflect heat down on you or on your back), impromptu water bottles, etc.
Yeah I haven't been in a situation where I could/would test the naked thing out. Also thought the same thing about sweating.

You are also correct on the:D: reflector being a good idea, just don't get it to close like I did one time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts