Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased 20 1-gallon Mylar bags from an online retailer. They came folded over in shipping envelope. About 3 of the bags were creased so badly they tore, and two others were ripped because they were just shoved into an envelope. Now I am concerned the rest may be compromised too.

So my question. Who do you use to buy Mylar bags and have you had similar problems?

Thanks!

·
Capability, not scenarios
12,083 Posts
I use Sorbent Systems. About 35 cents a bag for one gallon if you buy 100. Plus their prices on 1500cc O2 absorbers are just nuts--under 30 cents apiece for 50. Those will do a 5-gallon bucket.

Reactions: Catsmeow and MikeK

·
Registered
985 Posts
I've bought mine though amazon where i can give feedback .how thick were yours ? this is company i've brought from OakTea International.

·
The 5 Will Survive
2,919 Posts
1+for discount mylar bags just ordered a few 1 gallon bags they were folded in a shipping envelope they were folded in half but no damage what so ever. They have great service and fast shipping

·
Registered
985 Posts
Sounds like you got a bum batch don't throw them away if it happens again add them to a pile then send back what do you think

·
Registered
985 Posts
I went to link you provided they have 3.5mil bags i guess this okay for soft food especially if your storing in plastic bucket

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've bought mine though amazon where i can give feedback .how thick were yours ? this is company i've brought from OakTea International.
I am not sure how thick the ones I ordered were, I would have to go back and look. However the retailer I purchased my bags from seems to be the same as yours

·
Registered
76 Posts
I ordered a combo of bags and absorbers from keep fresh. The absorbers are in a mason jar w a lid. The first time I used them the jar lid popped quickly. When I opened it to remove one and replace the lid it never did reseal. The lid is tight but the button is depressed. Bags and absorbers seem to work about 50/50.
Just sharing that incase you come across the company. I'm going to try else whe next time. It could be an error on my part but all the same.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
I get mine from safecastle or usaemergencysupply

·
Registered
662 Posts
I buy from Discount Mylar Bags http://www.discountmylarbags.com/ , they offer a 10% discount to folks on this forum, and orders over $50 ship for free.

I have been very satisfied with every order I have placed with them.

And oh yeah, they are good folks.
Same for me. Orders arrive in perfect condition and very quickly. I don't buy from anyone else.

·
Registered
148 Posts
LDS.org or Sorbent if I want larger than a 1 gallon size. The LDS website is the cheapest that I found for the 1 gallon size plus free shipping. They have O2 absorbers too, the smaller ones but they are cheap.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts