Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Swift Justice = 2950fps
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned home from my weekly trip. I visited Sportsman’s Warehouse and I’m disgusted. They have a Ruger Precision 308 win....$2,300. 2 years ago, I purchased a Ruger Precision 300 win mag, in the same store, for $1.700. Is there any end in sight to this retail insanity? Are stores in your area still gouging?

·
Business Owner
2,618 Posts
Was in WalMart today and noticed no ammo except 2 boxes of Winchester #8 High Brass 12 ga. and about 50 100ct cases of Winchester #8 20ga. The 20 ga was $23.50 per 100 rounds, I thought not bad, so I got one.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
same here. Not sure if it is a virus thing with people not working or panic buying or just plain gouging. I learned from the obama years and was prepared for the biden issue. I wrote my congress person and complained that we need federal help here in California as we are denied the right to purchase on line or by mail. I did not get a response. I assume we are in this for the length of this administration

·
KOAD; FOAD; ESAD
7,827 Posts
I have been doing similar shopping...several times I found 12 ga steel waterfowl #2's and # 1's (shot) at the old price of 16.95 for 25..inside 25 yds thats a lethal load and it cycles fine in my FN SLP..Id have bought it for my pumps even if it wouldnt work in the FN at that price..havent scored even that lately though

·
Registered
574 Posts
I just returned home from my weekly trip. I visited Sportsman’s Warehouse and I’m disgusted. They have a Ruger Precision 308 win....$2,300. 2 years ago, I purchased a Ruger Precision 300 win mag, in the same store, for $1.700. Is there any end in sight to this retail insanity? Are stores in your area still gouging?
I'm not seeing too much gouging on firearms. That price on a Ruger Precision is pretty bad. Sportsman's is being acquired by BassPro/Cabela's now so who knows what is going on there. I was on vacation last week and visited several gun stores and saw firearms at mostly MSRP prices. Nobody has any ammo, though, or if they do its at really high prices. I keep hoping that will improve as there are signs of a slow decline in prices online.

·
Ingloriously Deplorable
2,626 Posts
The beatings will continue until morale improves LOL.
Around these parts PD turn-in Glock 17's 589. Any old AR upper is at least 400 bucks and that's for the brand X. Federal 5.56 lake city bulk pack 1299.99/M 9mm ball 25.99/50. Winchester M855 white box 16.99/bx of 20. Federal LC ball 27.99/20. Other pricings similar, about 2016-17-ish. Of the three LGS's nearest, two "usually" have ammo and a thin but decent selection. #4 had wall to wall guns but not much ammo. Cabela's up here had NO ammo when I was in there a couple weeks ago, a faint scattering of handguns, rifles/shotguns varied. Mostly hunting stuff but a few "other". Palmetto is beginning to get more "in stock' but just barely. Going to be a long haul depending on how long we have to put up with the bidenistas.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Snagged a 10/22 onlune for stpre pickup at Academy last week. Tgey let me buy 200 rounds of .22 CCI they had held back for gun buyers.

They have some ammo, but mainly .350 Legend, a few boxes of shotgun shells, and sone 5.45. Seem to be getting more guns in, but definitely flying off the shelves as soon as they land.

I have been looking for deals on the used market. I will be honest, some are getting flipped for a little profit. Not gouging, but not discount pricing either. One of tge few ways I can bring some extra cash in without working more OT. I have one about to start college and one about to get their license. So I need a 4th car on top of tuition.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I saw some oddball brand 22 rimfire ammo for sale at a farm store last time I was in town. Didn't pay much attention because I don't need any.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ammo is coming back down
UPDATE: KEEP YOUR EYES ON THIS, THE SUPER CHEAP ONES ARE ALREADY ALL SOLD OUT BUT IT IS COMING BACK DOWN IN PRICE.
The bulk box of Winchester is $219 at cheaper than dirt, don't bother with that sh*thole.

The bulk box of Remington on the left is only 6 cents a round. That's a price I never thought anyone would ever see again.

Bullseyenorth has the 525 count boxes of Winchester in stock for $43.99 (they had 98 boxes left at time of posting) UPDATE: I checked their inventory tabulator and it is not working in real time, there's probably not 98 boxes left if it is showing that when you hit it. This post ought to cause that to drop to zero quickly.

Cabelas claims to have that box "in store" for $27 but I would not bet on that.
1619999606928.png

1619999578527.png

If the vendor sells out don't take that as a trend because it was posted here. It all depends on how deep their reserves are.

-- Jim

·
Registered
791 Posts
Yesterday the Sportsman’s warehouse had a couple metal racks set up inside the customer service room. 7 or 8 boxes of ammo, one can of powder that I saw. Hardly any brass or bullets. Looked kinda sad.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Bought 8 cases of #6 steel 12 gauge birdshot 1 ounce at the LGS yesterday. A little pricy at 11 bucks a box, but no limit and I’m good to go for the next several dove seasons in the foreseeable future.

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,754 Posts
I was at an outdoor flea market Saturday and there were two guys selling ammo. They had several handgun cartridges on display, 9mm, 380, 357 mag, 40 S&W and some 223 and some other stuff on the table behind them.

I asked them about the 380, $75 for HP and $50 for FMJ, I about fell over. He's telling me that the $1.50 per round was a good price.

He and the other guy make their own reloads and they were good prices. One guy even tried showing me the HP round.

I didn't tell them that I reload, in fact I buttoned my lips and just walked off. I didn't see anything good coming out of my mouth.

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
I think prices for ammo will still be stupid until the majority of newer gun owners exhaust their discretionary spending budget. Summer is picking up, so the short-attention-span Americans will focus more on alcohol, parties, BBQs, and vacations. I suspect ammo will be far more prevalent on shelves later this summer; prices? Anyone's guess, but not likely much cheaper.

Firearms? It's been crazy, but my local FFL dealer has better deals than Gunbroker. He usually just sells Hi-Points, but he has a couple distributors and just told them to send him anything they get; anything he can't sell, he as a gun store close to the military base where it will sell. He just got a B&T APC9k that takes glock magazines in...listed for $2500; cheapest I could find it online is $2300...add tax, shipping, and FFL transfer and it's cheaper from my dealer (didn't grab it as it likely won't sell in our town anyways).

Interesting times to say the least!

ROCK6

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
stopped by sportsman's. No primers, no powder, no projectiles in the popular sizes. Glanced down the ammo shelf, really empty in the non lead area

·
Registered
754 Posts
It is going to be real interesting to see if hunting ammo shows up in time for Fall. Lots of hunters may be really scrabbling for shells if it does not.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts