Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i recently was thinking i have a bug out bag and its packed well, its based on a medium alice pack but i dont have a go bag. For instance i am working out in the garage and i notice cars wizzing by and the neighbors i soon get a phone call from my mom at work and she tells me we have to leave something is wrong. So i have it planned get my gear and get to the BOV and head to the BOL. now i know its hard to see my issue here but i want something i can put on or grab and have what i need to fend off what ever threatens my family and I. It would be an vest or bag i grab along with the BOB. So i found the solution a Go Vest.
tell me what you think. yes i know its a mosin but it works i don't have the money for an ar or ak right now i am only 18 and living at home.

I was debating my shotgun or the mosin. I live in an suburb with house everywhere. Any ideas????

It consists of 6 10 round holders and another 100 rounds in the back pack. I have side medical bag, and radio pouch. There is a day or two worth of food in the bottom back pouch and ammo in the top pouch.I am in love with glow stick by the way lol. Tell me what you think i am open to suggestions.

THE VEST CONTAINS NO BODY ARMOUR SORRY FELLAS THATS NEXT BUY

THE SILVER BULLETS ARE 8MM ROUNDS i just threw them in
front

back

·
Michigan Gun Nut
801 Posts
i recently was thinking i have a bug out bag and its packed well, its based on a medium alice pack but i dont have a go bag. For instance i am working out in the garage and i notice cars wizzing by and the neighbors i soon get a phone call from my mom at work and she tells me we have to leave something is wrong. So i have it planned get my gear and get to the BOV and head to the BOL. now i know its hard to see my issue here but i want something i can put on or grab and have what i need to fend off what ever threatens my family and I. It would be an vest or bag i grab along with the BOB. So i found the solution a Go Vest.
tell me what you think. yes i know its a mosin but it works i don't have the money for an ar or ak right now i am only 18 and living at home.

I was debating my shotgun or the mosin. I live in an suburb with house everywhere. Any ideas????

It consists of 6 10 round holders and another 100 rounds in the back pack. I have side medical bag, and radio pouch. There is a day or two worth of food in the bottom back pouch and ammo in the top pouch.I am in love with glow stick by the way lol. Tell me what you think i am open to suggestions.

THE VEST CONTAINS NO BODY ARMOUR SORRY FELLAS THATS NEXT BUY

THE SILVER BULLETS ARE 8MM ROUNDS i just threw them in
front

back
The Shotgun. Always the shotgun. in an urban or suburban environment, a shotgun meets most of your needs.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Lose the GI "medical" pouch on the ACU backpack. It's nothing more than gauze, and a waste of space on your MOLLE rig, IMHO. You can stuff the gauze in the bag, which will leave you more room on your MOLLE rails for useful equipment.

I was a combat medic for 8 years, and I never used that piece of crap "medical" pouch. It's there more for the psychological well-being of the soldier ... not for actually accomplishing anything out in the field. Gauze pads are good ... but not in that thing taking up space.

Unless, of course you use the pouch itself for ammo or other supplies ... then in that case ... carry on, trooper.

Mosin's kick serious butt. Never apologize for it. NEVER.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Looks good.

Maybe I misunderstood, but if you have a rifle and a shotgun, I'd say put both in the vehicle.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you can afford that much 7.62x54R than you should be able to afford a used SKS. I bought my Mosin, AK, and 20ga 17hmr combo when I was 17 now that im 18 I just wish I could afford to put more than 20 rounds at a time through the Mosin :D:

EDIT: At least with the m44 you have a 3 foot fireball out of the barrel and a big boom to scare the hell out of the bad guys.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Mosins kick tail, but shotgun is king of house to house close range cities. Now if you have a vehicle take both and call it good.

·
cute is not always enough
2,232 Posts
Those chem-lights look out of place. The bright colors kind of defeat the purpose of camo. Also, if you trip and fall you could break them all.

How is that bag attached to your vest? You mention a BOV but can you drive it with that bag on your back?

·
Banned
1,201 Posts
wouldn't this draw way too much attention and risk your getting stopped, searched and weapons confiscated? unless the USA becomes a total wasteland, you really can't walk around in an urban environment all geared up like this.

i'd rather look like a backpacker/hiker. and those big backpacks can conceal a rifle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I too was debating getting a vest of some kind for a while. However, trying to lie down to hide or something could possibly damage whatever you have in the front side pouches. You can always attach equipment to the ALICE suspenders too, but if you like the vest rig I say go with it, cause it would definitely be a good to wear when you're someplace you don't want to bring your whole pack to.

For an urban situation, especially if you intend on staying put, a shotgun is almost a requirement in my opinion.

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
Tactical setup like that will definately make you a target. Shotguns are terrible for urban environment. You need cover penetration. Waay too much stuff to hide behind in the city. For "up close, personal work" get a pistol.

·
Sum Liber
2,193 Posts
I'd go with a rifle/pistol combo if you had to leg it around somewhere.

Most people immediately recognize a shotgun.

Not everyone understands the 7.62 x 54R.

·
Grumpy Old Man
546 Posts
Tactical setup like that will definately make you a target. Shotguns are terrible for urban environment. You need cover penetration. Waay too much stuff to hide behind in the city. For "up close, personal work" get a pistol.
I agree. Get a safari vest of photogs vest. Low profile is the rule for getting thru an urban disaster situation!!!!

·
Cover your Six!!
450 Posts
In my tactical roll out back pack, My LBE vest is ready to go with 6 AR mags & 4 19 round 9mm mags, and two 32 rnd 9mm mags, Glock 17, and a Ka-Bar Tanto fixed blade. I have other pouches to add to the vest if needed ,i.e. food, first aid, respirator, 2-way radios, flashlights, and of course more AMMO.

If I had to go urban, the basic LBE vest can be covered nicely with a photographers vest in OD green (This vest is a couple of sizes bigger of course), or I can throw on a very large overcoat. .223 pistol slung can be hidden under vest, but better under an overcoat. With this set-up I can lug my bug-out bag as well, but I would have to lighten the BOB. It's alot of weight w/ all the Mags, 2 weapons, along with a 40 lb BOB. It gotta be close to 90 lbs.

If the SHTF Alarm goes off, my ultimate set-up would be just the Glock 17 w/ two extras mags on my belt: extra 9mm mags, Henry .22LR backpack rifle w/ 300 rounds of CCI .22LR, all in the Back-pack. This set-up is around 65 lbs w/ 2 quarts of water. I can hoof-it for a couple a few miles if I had too, but I would rather Drive out if SHTF alarm goes off! :thumb:

·
Registered
478 Posts
place those pouches on the sides to the rear of your vest. That way you will be able to lie down if under attack. Also it will be easier to access those pouches if they are on your sides rather than on your belly. Try and get at least 50' feet of parachute cord and 100 MPH (duct) tape. Tape and parachute cord will come in handy.

Overall I would say a pretty good setup by the looks of it. Good effort.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts