Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had to get down to the retreat this weekend to do a little work, so I figured I'd take some pics to share!

Here's my backyard:

It sure was nice to have some peace and quiet..

I was gonna snap some pics of one of these big gators, but I never saw one.. First time in 3 years that I didnt! They musta been hiding!

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
Really interested to see Gaitorbait. I just quoted your post to check the links then tried one in the URL bar. One needs a username and password for the Gun and Game forum to see the pictures, like VIP pics here do. Upload to a free website instead.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really interested to see Gaitorbait. I just quoted your post to check the links then tried one in the URL bar. One needs a username and password for the Gun and Game forum to see the pictures, like VIP pics here do. Upload to a free website instead.
:(

Okie dokie!! I had no idea because the show up here when I open the page.. I've never used photobucket, but I'm about to try! Sorry for the probs! I'll get it eventually! lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's the Alabama River; moreover, it's the Dannelly Reservoir..(the top one is a creek off of the main river that leads to my property) Ever since they quit running barges, it is over 150 miles of absolutely nothing but water and wildlife! Great for just getting away for the weekend or sustaining life in a SHTF scenario! I love it, and the best part is that no one knows about it!....... til now I guess!! [whoops] lol

·
Registered
401 Posts
Damn, keep checking for the pix, but still not showing.

Get that PHotobucket man!

J/K. looking foward to seeing them when you have the time.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Very nice place to live. What sort of game, lots of alligators?
You name it!! We got it!! except for bears! lol And hell we might still have a few of them! More whitetail than anywhere else in the state, turkeys, paddlefish, catfish, bass, crappie, brim, rabbits,coyotes, and we still have a few cougars too, but the best part... VERY VERY VERY few humans!!!! lol

And yes we've got a lot of gators!! One has been hanging out in the creek that is over 14 ft. long! (which can be intimidating when you're in a 12ft. flat bottom!!lol) It never came up when I had the camera! But I'll take some pics of some of them next time and post 'em!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats my dream land. Give it back!!!!

Very nice, Thats wear id want to be in the end!
I have a buddy up in Charlotte and when I took him down there, he said that no matter what else happens, he is going to buy some land next to mine!! lol You really just can't beat it! Its like going back in time... back when everything seemed more "wild"!

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
Man I grew up in North florida and new orleans. I ,iss the live oaks and the spanish moss. The smell of the low tide on the marsh mud. GOD THAT WAS HEAVEN!!!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
hahahahahaha, dude im slow on the uptake some times but i just finally put two and two together. lol. i know that you told me once but i guess i misunderstood what ya told me.lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts