Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are my tools. I like them fairly uncomplicated without all the Star Wars stuff. Like Iron & Wood too. Norinco MAK-90 with a Tapco Folding Stock, UTG Pistol Grip and Tapco 30rnd Magazines. Plan to swap the grip for one from Hogue; Rock Island Armory G.I. .45 ACP; Camillus (Not K-Bar) USMC Fighting Knife with brown leather handle.

·
Son Of Liberty
1,871 Posts
Great set up

Make sure you got a good holster, pouches for rifle mags, and if at all possible, nightsights on them guns.

·
смерть н
3,823 Posts
These are my tools. I like them fairly uncomplicated without all the Star Wars stuff. Like Iron & Wood too. Norinco MAK-90 with a Tapco Folding Stock, UTG Pistol Grip and Tapco 30rnd Magazines. Plan to swap the grip for one from Hogue; Rock Island Armory G.I. .45 ACP; Camillus (Not K-Bar) USMC Fighting Knife with brown leather handle.
Nice set up IlliniScout. :D:
Used to live in a little town up state called Monmouth.

Give us a quick review on th RIA .45. I have the RIA M5 Tactical 12 gauge shotgun. It is sweeet!, Next to my Mossberg's it is a great shotgun. :thumb:

Welcome to the forum and range reports are required next time you are out.

HH54r

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I saw it at the gunshop the first thing I noticed was that it was a nice looking no-nonsense M1911. The second thing I noticed was the nice price tag. The third thing I noticed was how comfortable it felt in my hand and a truly smooth trigger pull. I haven't found a trigger pull that smooth outside the high end models yet. The RIA's are starting to develope a cult following now. Mine functions flawlessly with 230grn ball and 230grn Federal HydraShock. That's all I shoot so I can't answer for the other stuff.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice knife. I grew up right beside camillus cutlery. They made some great blades in their days.
As you may already know, The USMC Fighting Knife is called a K-Bar by everybody. The reason being that the knife first issued to Marines in WWII was made by K-Bar. However, the knife that has been made under contract to the Marines for years was made by Camillus. The original K-Bar has a brown leather handle while the comtemporary model as made by Camillus was made with a Black leather handle. I own both brands and can say that I prefer the balance and the blade tip of the Camillus model. The K-Bar has more of bowie style clip point while the Camillus has a slightly straighter or more drop point I think (see photos. first photo is K-Bar, second is Camillus). I ordered this particular Camillus model because I saw it had a brown leather handle like the original K-bar. Now Camillus went out of business a couple years ago but I see that a new outfit bought the name and is opening back the business. I went to the website but all it said was opening soon. Ontario has been making the black handled version the last couple of years.

·
Hooligan on Holiday
2,368 Posts
Lookin' good Gunny, I used to own the same exact 1911 (wish I still did!) Gonna have to get all of us Southern IL guys together to shoot sometime.

Im actually working on a place right now, 80 acres that belongs to a friend of a friend less that a mile from my house. Mostly wooded but has plenty enough open terrain for long distance shooting as well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.