Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a2hKbwnCOHvo&refer=home

The link above was the first one that showed up after doing a google search on the terrorist guilty pleas. Now here is my outlandish theory on their plans.

Obama has already made the statement he was going to close down Guantanamo Bay Prison. What happens to the detainees there now? Who knows. But I suspect these five cats figure if they take their cases to trial, those court proceedings will still be going on by the time the prison closure takes place. My thoughts are these guys are hoping by pleading guilty and ending the court proceedings, they can be sentenced and placed in the prison before Obama takes office. In return for the guilty pleas, they are hoping when or if the prison is closed down, they will be able to walk.

I don't know if my thinking on this is feasible, but I don't know what other reason they would want to plead guilty unless they were trying to pull a fast one.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
They would just move them to another prision just because a prison will close doesnt mean they will just let everyone go...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts