Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started my survival garden living here in West Kendall FL. With the Economy the way it is now and getting worse we have started it. My wife is loving this. I have tomato's, Garlic ( Yes i said Garlic it is grown to you can see if the photos), Jalapeno, Green Peppers, Stawberries and blue Berries. I will try very much to keep this thread going. I am start this out lets see how it goes.

Garlic

Peppers

Tomato's

Strawberries

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Looks like your off to a good start.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am growing potatoes in 5 gallon buckets. It's pretty simple. There are tons of youtube videos on how to do it.

Your garden looks great. We put in our first garden this year, square foot raised beds.

Good luck!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice start! Nothing better than food grown oneself.
I can't wait to get my stuff in the ground. Snow in the forecast :(
you know you can grow your stuff during the winter also.. I live in Stamford CT i had a small green house in the back yard and grew veggies in it all year around.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Kansas Terri has a really nice article on survival gardening. The article provides a lot of helpful information on calories and harvest dates.

Although that particular garden is zone 5, a lot of the information will be useful regardless of your location.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=207632

Check it out sometime. I found it especially helpful since I live in zone 5, but I think you will find it helpful as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts