Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Always Loaded
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A small market/grocery store in my area is going out of business after almost 30 years. It is sad to see it go, but they were having a all-must-go sale this week. I found some great prep items on the cheap. First thing to catch my eye was a commercial grade food shelf. This thing is tough, nothing like what you buy at Wal-Mart. Probably weighs around 250 lbs put together, and has a tone of shelf space. Cost me $40.
In a corner of the store, I found a whole case of 48 cans of Sterno. They were priced at $48, which is about 1/3 of retail. I haggled with the clerk and got them for $30. I also got a bunch of small stuff, mousetraps- $.50 a pack, work gloves- $1.25, and 4 1,000 count boxes of matches for $1 each, along with other odds and ends. Got a half case of lentils for $.25 a lb! Just wanted to toot my own horn a little, and remind everyone to always keep your eyes open, there are some awesome deals out there.

·
Super Gassy Moderator
66,698 Posts
Great score! I know what you mean about those shelves. A fellow gun show dealer friend of mine ran into a deal on them and uses them for holding the ammo he sells. That stuff is heavy and the shelves don't even know it's there.

·
Always Loaded
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great score! I know what you mean about those shelves. A fellow gun show dealer friend of mine ran into a deal on them and uses them for holding the ammo he sells. That stuff is heavy and the shelves don't even know it's there.
I know. I can literally climb the shelves like a ladder. I spent $75 on a "heavy duty" steel shelf from Wal-Mart, and it's already sagging with maybe 100 lbs on it. I didn't really need all the Sterno, but at that price I can sell half of them for $1.50 each, and make all my money back. They are nice to keep in the BOB and the get-home car pack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts