Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see the attached photos.
I have a Chinese Norinco SKS. It has a 30 rd "detachable" magazine (see photo) and all the other amenities. The attached bayonet is only for show, of course.:D: In its current setup, I cannot use AK magazines, correct? Didn't I see some magazine well modification that will enable using truly detachable magazines? I also have this funky little attachment for the trigger guard that is supposed to enable "full auto", but have not used it to this point. I have seen this used on some of the video, does anyone have a comment on its functionality?

Forgive me, I am still getting used to the site and I am sure this has been covered. Your help is appreciated.

DSCF1966.jpg

DSCF1975.jpg

DSCF1977.jpg

DSCF1978.jpg

·
Registered
265 Posts
From what I've read, the SKS-D takes the AK mags. As for full auto, having that on would break federal laws so I would be hush-hush about it.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Nice.. I like the looks of that Ram line stock over the ATI Ultralight. It gives it more of an AK appearance..

I believe there is a device that mounts to your trigger guard that allows you to rotate a lever that pulls your trigger 4 times per every revolution of the lever.. Is this what you have?

I wouldn't think that having anything that makes an SKS fire more rapidly than you can with your own finger would be very productive..

Full auto is so over rated..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This device is not all what they had advertised :rolleyes: (imagine that!). The instructions (which were not clearly stated on the ad I bought into at that time) say that you have to have a firm grip on the fore-end below the barrel, and with a somewhat firm-pointed trigger finger, let the action of firing the weapon kind of rock and roll your finger back and forth rapidly, hence "full auto". From the videos I have seen, long after the purchase of this device, it looks very unnatural. Nothing like what I have seen in video of actual full auto fire. As far as full auto being overrated? I'll have to experience that first before I believe it!

Rubber Ducky - according to the literature that came with this device, it is supposed to be 100% legal in all 50 states. They even give you a little card to slip in your wallet. Now, getting your local LEO to buy into that is another story. :xeye: I have never used the device, and even if I do or did, would NOT take it into the gun range down the road! I may be an idiot, but I'm not totally stupid! Totally. :D:

For now I am just going to have to rely on my lightning-fast single-pull trigger finger :thumb: until such time that I can 1) legally buy a selective fire in Washington State and, 2) talk my wife into the expense!

Thanks!
Later...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
The hellfire trigger type devices are legal. {at least in my state} The reason they are legal I would guess, is because they don't work.

There is a conversion to convert the SKS to take AK mags but it is very complicated. It also involves switching out a bunch of parts to maintain 922r compliance.

The SKS-M and SKS-D both came from the factory with the ability to accept AK mags.

·
Certifiable
723 Posts
Oh the glories of Hellfire, gives you legal full automatic capability. Uh, yea. They got a lot of people with that one. Full automatic is hard to control if you are not practiced. Hellfire is definite spray and pray, if you can get the spray down.

As far as getting the weapon to accept magazine changes, why spend the money and heartache when you can buy ammunition on stripper clips and then learn to feed her as she was intended to be fed? IMHO it is a better weapon than the AK so leave it as it is. If you try to fire it prone you will have to fire it gansta style or go back to the ten round magazine anyway.

I also have to agree with Ford Perfect, full auto is very over rated, unless you happen to have an M60 laying around. Now that is a gun!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
In my opinion that is just one more half ass solution to a basicly nonexistant problem. Why would you want to "convert" your rifle to take some odd ball, aftermarket mag?
It has been my experience that all non GI/aftermarket mags are crap. I.E. Eagle, USA, Western, Pro Mag, etc.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
SKS's do best in stock configuration (Or the folder if you want compact.) USe Stripper clips and call it good.

You want an AK... get an ak.

·
Warning: EXPLOSIVE!
249 Posts
Full auto over rated... I hear this alot... Mostly from guys at the range that have no hands on with them or any idea how to control them...

I have been shooting full autos in one form or another for my entire adult life and in a bind I will take machinegun over a semi any day! I have no problem doing a double tap in full boogie mode and having the option to hose is nice in a SHTF situation...

·
Go to guy
661 Posts
I may be wrong but I believe that it is a spring loaded mechanism that resets the trigger. If anyone has a better understanding please post it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The hellfire is supposed to work on the same principal as "bump firing".

Both are basically useless but then again, it does look fun.

·
Certifiable
723 Posts
Full auto over rated... I hear this alot... Mostly from guys at the range that have no hands on with them or any idea how to control them...
Tried full auto with the M14, a beast. The M16 is ok if you know what you are doing but did you ever ask yourself why the military went to three round burst? I really loved the M60, that was a piece of work. I personally did not get much play time with the .50. The AK is spray and pray but you have to understand how the Russian doctrine went with BMP's overrunning positions, following their tanks, and then regurgitating troops blasting the enemy at close range.

Full auto is over rated.

·
Warning: EXPLOSIVE!
249 Posts
Tried full auto with the M14, a beast. The M16 is ok if you know what you are doing but did you ever ask yourself why the military went to three round burst? I really loved the M60, that was a piece of work. I personally did not get much play time with the .50. The AK is spray and pray but you have to understand how the Russian doctrine went with BMP's overrunning positions, following their tanks, and then regurgitating troops blasting the enemy at close range.

Full auto is over rated.
The Pig(60)... Alot of fun off the hip, The MG74(7.62Nato) is something to behold if you like the 60. The Mag 58 and PKM are more to my taste...
Three round burst... Yeah because people get scared and hold on=mag dump without hitting anything... M14 is a kittycat in comparison to others... Its just the muzzle rise that is a problem... A change in stance will change that...Like the G3 with a tele stock, Wide stance, low center of gravity... A Groucho walk through the shoot house with one of these you know you did something...

Full auto over rated... For you maybe...
I'll stick with mine...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts