Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I come from a fairly large family. My mom birthed a total of 8 children. My oldest brother died in a motorcycle accident in the mid 80s. My brother who would have been just older than me died during birthing process due to the mistakes made by a drunk doctor. He suffocated as the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck. Just older than him in age is my sister who was very close to me during our childhood.

Anyway ... my sister was just diagnosed with cancer. Apparently, it was found in her lymph glands which is a bad form of cancer because it can spread very quickly. She's scared!! She's also her husband's caretaker as his dementia worsens. She has requested prayers for herself and her husband.

I ordered a Ketogenic cookbook to be sent directly to her and have strongly urged her to start on the Keto diet. I believe that her cancer can be reversed if she eliminates sugars and carbs from her diet and allows her body to heal from within. Remove that which cancer feeds on and the cancer will die.

Anyway ... please add Phyllis to your prayer lists. Thanks. AJ

·
reluctant sinner
17,510 Posts
Prayer's sent. You might consider some outside help for her taking care of hubby for a while, while she is trying mend. Rest is really important for healing, and that's hard to get as a full time care taker.

I'm a firm believer in the placebo effect - mind directed healing is strong.

Maybe something Carnovora? would be worth looking into.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,940 Posts
I'll be praying. I'm a caregiver myself and it can be exhausting not even adding in illness.

·
Isaiah 41:10, Acts 5:29
5,539 Posts
Hugs and prayers.

Your sister may want to contact the social worker at the hospital and the American Cancer Society to see what kind of respite resources are available. It's amazing the resources that become accessible once someone has been diagnosed with cancer that might not otherwise be. Are there any family members that can help out with BIL care (and your sister's care) so she can sleep extra/take a break?

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. I've let my sis know that you're praying. It brought her spirits up.

Reactions: Bluesman60

·
Registered
122 Posts
Prayers. For all of you guys cancer is a terrible disease and way to many people are dealing with it lately my own son passed away less than a year ago from lung cancer a dear friend is in hospital with bone cancer and my husband had throat cancer a couple years ago if you need anyone to talk to I am available an I can relate

·
Super Moderator
CRAP CREEK SURVIVOR
2,510 Posts
Prayers ongoing, for your sister, you and your family.

May I suggest some things that have helped me with my own fight? (I also shared this with Bunkerbuster last year.)

Regardless of which cancer therapy route that she chooses, this will likely help improve her outcome.

Number one on my list of tools: a practical and encouraging book for anyone who has gotten a cancer diagnosis. Radical Remission: Surviving Cancer Against All Odds, by Kelly A. Turner, PhD. This book is beyond amazing, and I highly recommend it. The author researched many case studies to find out why so many stage four cancer patients that were sent home to die, survived in spite of incredible odds. She found nine common denominators among them…

I could go on and on, but I don’t want to rewrite the book, lol. She should see it for herself, read it and be encouraged, empowered and survive! It provides surprising insight, case histories, and valuable tools for developing a survivor's mindset and other tactics to beat cancer...
https://www.amazon.com/Radical-Remi...4604856&sr=8-1&keywords=spontaneous+remission

(FYI, used books for this title starts at around $8, shipping included.)

Next in my arsenal:

Studies show that the most successful cancer outcomes involve a combination of conventional treatments and the kind of dietary/lifestyle changes that will give your body the best possible environment to be unfriendly to cancer. This means eating and living healthier.

The book, Anti-Cancer, a New Way of Life by David Servan-Schreiber MD Ph.D. is the easiest and most practical blueprint for cancer-proofing your life I have ever found. (I’m not alone. Read the reviews):

https://www.amazon.com/Anticancer-D...preST=_SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch (Used books in this title start around $5, shipping included.)

Another powerful gun that is well supported by many oncologists: medicinal mushrooms.

Certain mushrooms are well known for supporting the goal of chemo and radiation treatments while DECREASING their harmful side effects. I urge her to look into this and do her own research. Clinical studies and medical research literature on medicinal mushrooms are abundant and within reach of Google. Many oncologists are familiar with them.

I cook with (organic if possible) white button mushrooms, several times a week. Walmart has the organic ones now! The beta-glucans in mushrooms boost the immune system big time.

I have done a crap-ton of research on many brands of medicinal mushrooms and my top two are Fungi Perfecti and Mycoformulas:

I get my Fungi Perfecti mushroom capsules from vitacost.com, because their reputation is good and they frequently offer deep discounts ranging from 15% - 30% off. (They also sell many different brands of herbs, vitamins, and foods as well at low prices with free shipping.)

https://www.vitacost.com/productResults.aspx?N=0&ss=1&Ntt=fungi perfecti
The best all-purpose medicinal mushroom blend is called “My Community” which contains 17 species that are well-studied and have good track records.

I also buy from Mycoformulas: https://www.mycoformulas.com/

I especially like their Immune Defense formula, Maitake, and Turkey Tail mushroom powders, and bought them by the kilo which should last me a couple of years...and love to cook with Maitake by stirring it into whatever I am making just before serving.

I must caution you, there are a LOT of woo-woo BS "cancer cures" on the internet that do more harm than good. Do your research. Just because you read the same thing on many sites, does not make it true because misinformation is often repeated until everyone believes it to be gospel truth.

OK, I’ll stop now, but I had to share because these are a few of the things that have helped me and many, many others to live a better life, in spite of the odds...

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Prayers ongoing, for your sister, you and your family.

May I suggest some things that have helped me with my own fight? (I also shared this with Bunkerbuster last year.)

Regardless of which cancer therapy route that she chooses, this will likely help improve her outcome.

Number one on my list of tools: a practical and encouraging book for anyone who has gotten a cancer diagnosis. Radical Remission: Surviving Cancer Against All Odds, by Kelly A. Turner, PhD. This book is beyond amazing, and I highly recommend it. The author researched many case studies to find out why so many stage four cancer patients that were sent home to die, survived in spite of incredible odds. She found nine common denominators among them…

I could go on and on, but I don’t want to rewrite the book, lol. She should see it for herself, read it and be encouraged, empowered and survive! It provides surprising insight, case histories, and valuable tools for developing a survivor's mindset and other tactics to beat cancer...
https://www.amazon.com/Radical-Remi...4604856&sr=8-1&keywords=spontaneous+remission

(FYI, used books for this title starts at around $8, shipping included.)

Next in my arsenal:

Studies show that the most successful cancer outcomes involve a combination of conventional treatments and the kind of dietary/lifestyle changes that will give your body the best possible environment to be unfriendly to cancer. This means eating and living healthier.

The book, Anti-Cancer, a New Way of Life by David Servan-Schreiber MD Ph.D. is the easiest and most practical blueprint for cancer-proofing your life I have ever found. (I’m not alone. Read the reviews):

https://www.amazon.com/Anticancer-D...preST=_SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch (Used books in this title start around $5, shipping included.)

Another powerful gun that is well supported by many oncologists: medicinal mushrooms.

Certain mushrooms are well known for supporting the goal of chemo and radiation treatments while DECREASING their harmful side effects. I urge her to look into this and do her own research. Clinical studies and medical research literature on medicinal mushrooms are abundant and within reach of Google. Many oncologists are familiar with them.

I cook with (organic if possible) white button mushrooms, several times a week. Walmart has the organic ones now! The beta-glucans in mushrooms boost the immune system big time.

I have done a crap-ton of research on many brands of medicinal mushrooms and my top two are Fungi Perfecti and Mycoformulas:

I get my Fungi Perfecti mushroom capsules from vitacost.com, because their reputation is good and they frequently offer deep discounts ranging from 15% - 30% off. (They also sell many different brands of herbs, vitamins, and foods as well at low prices with free shipping.)

https://www.vitacost.com/productResults.aspx?N=0&ss=1&Ntt=fungi perfecti
The best all-purpose medicinal mushroom blend is called “My Community” which contains 17 species that are well-studied and have good track records.

I also buy from Mycoformulas: https://www.mycoformulas.com/

I especially like their Immune Defense formula, Maitake, and Turkey Tail mushroom powders, and bought them by the kilo which should last me a couple of years...and love to cook with Maitake by stirring it into whatever I am making just before serving.

I must caution you, there are a LOT of woo-woo BS "cancer cures" on the internet that do more harm than good. Do your research. Just because you read the same thing on many sites, does not make it true because misinformation is often repeated until everyone believes it to be gospel truth.

OK, I’ll stop now, but I had to share because these are a few of the things that have helped me and many, many others to live a better life, in spite of the odds...
Thanks a bunch. I'll forward this to her via email (since she isn't a member of the board). I'm urging her to follow the Ketogenic diet which has given me amazing results in numerous ways. I'm also urging her to consider fasting which has been used by many cultures for its amazing health benefits.

Reactions: A_SonofLiberty

·
Super Moderator
CRAP CREEK SURVIVOR
2,510 Posts
In some active cancer situations, the Ketogenic diet has been known to do more harm than good. The good part of the diet is having zero intakes of processed carbs and sugars, but you can do that with a balanced diet.

Too much protein, fasting, or an unbalanced diet is a hardship on a system that needs a wide variety of nutrients to fight cancer. Keto and fasting are good for many health-related conditions, but it could also encourage nutritional imbalances and weight loss which is, unfortunately, also a hallmark of cancer. So, double trouble there. Simply eliminating processed foods and adopting a whole foods type diet has been known to help the body fight cancer better than any other. (See my previous post for the book that addresses this.)

Please do the clinical research in addition to anecdotal (word of mouth) research. There are so MANY websites, facebook pages, and Youtubers who are spreading dangerous misinformation and skewed "studies" that are biased and construed to a particular agenda.

Also, there is overwhelming evidence that integrative oncology works better than either natural/herbal medicine or traditional medicine alone.

Statistics show that her outcome will likely be much better if she seeks an integrative oncologist who will combine natural and traditional medicine in the treatment plan.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts