Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Always Loaded
3,065 Posts
It'll do. As time has passed, I have changed my way of thinking on primary rifles. Less is more. The more crap you hang off your gun, the more crap there is to fail, snag, and weigh down your rifle. A sling, a white light, and a good set of irons are my choice.

With the added length of that huge muzzle break, you're darn near the legal length limit anyway.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
It'll do. As time has passed, I have changed my way of thinking on primary rifles. Less is more. The more crap you hang off your gun, the more crap there is to fail, snag, and weigh down your rifle. A sling, a white light, and a good set of irons are my choice.

With the added length of that huge muzzle break, you're darn near the legal length limit anyway.
And it's also worth time practicing with your irons only for a while to make sure you can use them/determine if they need adjustment. I personally find it very enjoyable to use irons within range.

·
Capability, not scenarios
12,622 Posts
Not enough ammo....

:)

Reactions: WILL

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Not enough ammo....

:)
Never enough ammo....

Looks like a good options. All my Kalashnikovs are fixed stocks Though I do have a folding stock around somewhere for them. I just prefer the standard ones.

Why the extra pistol slide? You can pick up a 80% or serialized Glock compatible lower and parts pretty cheap.

·
Happy to be here!
5,773 Posts
Nice looking rifle. I wouldn't put a scope on a short barrel AK though. Also the taped pistol brace may be asking for trouble, I don't know.

·
Wildlife Proctologist
2,834 Posts
Looks like it's time to paint that deck. :)
Deck over paint….it’s like painting with pudding but is the best I have found.

Meanwhile back in the topic, nice set-up. I like it.

Reactions: Boondox and goose3

·
Capability, not scenarios
12,622 Posts
Deck over paint….it’s like painting with pudding but is the best I have found.

Meanwhile back in the topic, nice set-up. I like it.
I had a treated wood deck which I hoped to re-invigorate. I bought some of that deck paint, had it applied to all flat surfaces and filled the cracks.

It looked good the rest of that summer, and well into the next year. Then it started to fail as well.

Maybe it's gotten better. My solution was to remove all the deck boards and railings and stiles, leaving the joists (which were fine). I then had composite decking installed. It is in its 3rd year now, and a good wash once in the spring with deck wash seems to be all it needs.

However, you pay a price for the good composite decking. And it's not a cheap price, but it should outlast me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts