Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SKS gunner
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently decided that i wanted to convert my shot gun to serve a more home defensive purpose and i thought i would share the pics of it with yall.

Mods include

18.5 inch barrel
tacstar magazine extension
tacstar light clamp with light

It turned out just how i wanted it. looks good, functional and can be converted back to a hunting rig very quick and easy. just thought i would share.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
only thing i'd change, get rid of that sling all it can do is cause you trouble.
KISS, and all. if you need to carry it far, you have time to attach the sling.

I went for a hammerless coach gun. nothing simpler.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Very nice looking shotgun there, and good work with the alterations. It will make a great home defense weapon.

--Wintermute

PS. probably should have been posted in the Shotgun section though :taped:

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Sensible.I've used those buttstock elastic carriers for years on my deergun.Its the fastest way to access extra rounds.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
with a shotgun just for home defense- I don't see the need for more than a single butt cuff or a side saddle for extra rounds. The light is a definite must IMO. I recently modified mine into more of a combat gun, but then again I also use mine for work. and a collapseable stock and bandolier sling I felt did the trick.

But that's another thread.

·
SKS gunner
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
with a shotgun just for home defense- I don't see the need for more than a single butt cuff or a side saddle for extra rounds. The light is a definite must IMO. I recently modified mine into more of a combat gun, but then again I also use mine for work. and a collapseable stock and bandolier sling I felt did the trick.

But that's another thread.

Can you recommend a good bandoleer sling? I had thought about getting one and the one i have on there is a Velcro version. I also need to get a sling mount added to the back and a different solution for the front.

·
Registered
826 Posts
First off, I like the OP's shotgun; it's pretty nice. :cool:

Regarding lights, I agree that a light on a home defense shotgun makes a lot of sense -- especially if you live in a locale where it is absolutely pitch black at night, like I do. However, since in theory you have the gun and the light in the event you have to defend yourself against armed attackers, your light should have an easy-to-activate momentary switch so you can illuminate and extinguish your tactical light at will. Otherwise, you may as well stand there in the dark holding your shotgun with a lit traffic flare in your mouth wearing a T-shirt that says "SHOOT ME"...

Regarding bandolier slings, cuffs, side saddles, and other ammo-carrying options, I'd respectfully suggest shotgun owners carefully evaluate the handling effects of such devices on their HD shotguns. A tactical scattergun is supposed to be quick-handling, fast, and light. The more "bolt-on" ammo you have aboard -- especially the kind that swings awkwardly off the muzzle end -- the more your shotgun will cease to embody these characteristics. Less is often more in the world of the HD shotty.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts

I got it from cheaper than dirt.com. The only bandolier sling they have. Its easier to use with a monte carlo stock than the AR-15 style pictured.

Reactions: MRBIG85
1 - 10 of 10 Posts