Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2345 Posts

Registered
At this point it's purely focus. My focus is on incline. I can do 315 right now on flat bench, but I'm trying not to irritate my left shoulder. Visions of my left shoulder going out under a heavy bench, like my right one did a year and some ago tend to make me cautious.

My personal bests are not that way, I've done 425 on the incline but much more on the flat bench.

I feel like I'm going to have to have my left shoulder worked on, but I'm trying to work around any issues until 2022
I understand now, thanks. I wish you well! (y)

Registered
The one thing that sucks about having no one to lift with is no spotter. I know I could push more weight but I keep the weight lower for safety sake.
That is precisely the reason I bought a squat rack with spotter arms that will fit into my basement as I workout alone (click on the link for a better view of the rack):

I also use the squat rack for the bench press and have failed at the bottom on both lifts and have had to use the spotter arms.

Registered
It's a bench press done in the power rack. I set the pins where my arms are at 90 degrees and press from there. It ends up being a bench press from about 6-7" above my chest.

Just press off the pins, set the weight back on the pins full stop, then press again.
Thanks! I see now and how it relates to your 90潞 explanation. 馃榾 Why do you do this?

Registered
Cardio day, I opted for something new and took a cue from Trogshak to get on the rower. I must say, I like it, granted it kicked my rear, but around 3000 meters I got my second wind and felt pretty good stopping at 4000 meters. I think I'll try my hand at 5000 in a week or so, then work on reducing time.

I'm not sure what correct form is rowing, but I kept my back straight, trying to finish my pull stroke as I hit full leg extension. It felt good, so, it's probably wrong. lol
There are plenty of online tutorials including those by Concept 2 to assist your form and also breathing technique (2 per complete stroke). C'mon now, you gotta post your distance/times! 馃榿 馃殻鈥嶁檧锔

Registered
I'm sure my times will be embarrassing, but I did 4000 meters and it was right at 17.5 minutes. I felt like I should go on to 20 minutes but took the clean break on distance instead (the easy way out.) I also tried to move to an underhand grip at one point, but immediately moved back. That didn't feel right at all, to me, but then again I'm a real newbie!
Why is any exertion embarrassing? I have no qualms posting my minuscule weights which pale in comparison to what several of you built-like-brick-****-house guys post in this regard. Anyway, I have only done one 4000-meter row, and that was on 2/26/21 with a time of 18:21. (But I certainly will be working to break the 18-minute barrier shorty in an attempt to catch you! 馃ぃ)

I occasionally do the underhanded grip on short rows just to work the biceps because I don't do curls. On anything over a 1000 meters I just do a standard overhand rowing grip.

Registered
I'm still of the mind, or is it purely ego, that slows me down when entering weights like I did today. I have to routinely talk to myself and reassure myself that what I'm doing is what's best. That it will keep me from injuries long term, which I do believe. Anyway, my apologies If I was offensive or condescending in any way, it is not my intent.
No apologies needed whatsoever, jojo, as you were neither offensive or condescending! I like reading all this subforum's comments, because I do learn from them. (y)

1 - 20 of 2345 Posts