Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Embrace the suck
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day mods, hope this is ok, checked rules, didn't see anything forbidding it (of course I may have missed it - my wife says I sometimes miss the obvious :eek::. If I goofed, please remove and I apologize ahead of time

Hey all, been away visiting family on the West Coast (Vancouver Island). While there I witnessed a juvenille Bald Eagle attack, capture and eat a seagull. Luckily I had my camera. My daughter suggested I submit one of them to National Geographic for their "Daily Dozen" contest. Of the 1000's of photos they receive on a daily basis, mine was chosen (only allowed to submit 1 a month). It is currently doing well in the voting but the more the merrier :). Anyway, if you are interested in voting and helping a forum member out (best shots get published in the magazine at a later date), please go to the link. The link automatically defaults to the current week (currently week 2). My photo is in week 1 (the weekly link is up and to the right of the rating bubbles). You won't miss the photo when you see it, juvenille Bald Eagle eating the seagull (who unfortunately for him, is still alive).
10's are appreciated :D: Link is: http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/your-shot/voting-machine

·
Zomby Woof
14,266 Posts
Good day mods, hope this is ok, checked rules, didn't see anything forbidding it (of course I may have missed it - my wife says I sometimes miss the obvious :eek::. If I goofed, please remove and I apologize ahead of time

Hey all, been away visiting family on the West Coast (Vancouver Island). While there I witnessed a juvenille Bald Eagle attack, capture and eat a seagull. Luckily I had my camera. My daughter suggested I submit one of them to National Geographic for their "Daily Dozen" contest. Of the 1000's of photos they receive on a daily basis, mine was chosen (only allowed to submit 1 a month). It is currently doing well in the voting but the more the merrier :). Anyway, if you are interested in voting and helping a forum member out (best shots get published in the magazine at a later date), please go to the link. The link automatically defaults to the current week (currently week 2). My photo is in week 1 (the weekly link is up and to the right of the rating bubbles). You won't miss the photo when you see it, juvenille Bald Eagle eating the seagull (who unfortunately for him, is still alive).
10's are appreciated :D: Link is: http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/your-shot/voting-machine
An absolute 10, good shot!

·
Embrace the suck
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks to all forum members that have voted so far. Voting ends on 1 Aug (down to the short strokes now :). Pic is doing well overall and I believe its in the top 6 right now. If you haven't had a chance to vote yet, or this is your first knowledge of this, please help a fellow Forum member out :). The link will take you to the current week (now week 3), just above the rating bubbles are links to the previous weeks. My pic is in week 1. Can"t miss it when you get to it (you have to vote on current photo of the chosen week to move to next), its the juvenille Bald Eagle with its prey (seagull).
Again, thanks for your votes, its appreciated.
Keep prepping..... sincerely CdnVet0506
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/your-shot/voting-machine

1 - 20 of 25 Posts