Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Proud Crusader
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't "do" FaceBook. I, in fact, HATE FaceBook. I contend that the only thing it is good for, is bragging and starting fights. My wife, who dispite my objections, has two pages(one for herself, and one for her painting), tells me to make a page so I can more easily connect with my friends and the guys I served with, has a family who:

1)Are very well off(well, there are a few millionaires. So, ofcourse, they are a-holes) And
2) They brag and start fights... DAILY!

I refuse. Just today, using her account, I checked a high school friends page, and sure enough, a bunch of guys I grew up with, were arguing over politics.

I hate FaceBook. Change my mind.

·
Proud Crusader
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is not one redeeming quality of Fakebook. If I want to send someone a message, or a picture, or a file, I can do so by a dozen other means, Fakebook is not necessary.
I tell my wife, "If my old friends want to get in touch with me, they can go to the white pages, as we are one of the few families we know, who still has a land line".

I don't feel the retarded need to inform my friends every time I take a ****. What I eat; How much I spent on ammo, or AK related whathaveyou, or Blood Bowl items; when my wife and I got laid; where we went to dinner;when my son's Straight Edge HardCore band, Expended Ordnance, is playing; how awesome my son is(He is quite awesome, btw); when I need "ass-pats"; How great the New Jersey Devils are(they are, in fact, terrible); etc.

·
Rouge Lemming
295 Posts
I'm not going to try to convince you of anything. I find it pretty entertaining. Like anything else some people are over the top on what they post. If somebody post a lot of stuff you don't want to see unfollow them or if its really bad unfriend them. Nothing there that says you have to tell off on yourself or even volunteer anything. I do enjoy looking through some of the groups. How Facebook sorts post as to relevance I don't understand. You might have one from 5 min ago or 5 hrs doesn't seem very linear to me.

·
I say I say
993 Posts
Facebook marketplace is really the only thing I use it for....but you can use your wife's account to look at it. There are many good deals to be had on it at the local level. It's essentially an online ongoing garage sale.
Other than occasionally getting contact info for (say maybe an old college friend) who might live somewhere that I am going to visit, I don't look at it for anything other than marketplace.

·
Museum Piece
312 Posts
How can the gobermint get free info on almost all the population without even trying.

Social media.

Now social media only works for those that are lock step in with it.

If you have an opinion that differs... BANNED
which is the most UN-American word I have ever heard. But they I grow up in real America, not this corporate driven collective.

They ban anyone under 18 for a picture with a firearm. How in sweet Jesus's name do they know the ages of the millions of people on their sites.

Sorry Dude, I failed miserably at convincing you it is good

·
Super Moderator
Trash Remover
3,929 Posts
Anytime you're a guest on the internet you can be banned. When you agree to follow rules, then follow them, the best way to avoid the ban.

I don't do facebook

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I don't "do" FaceBook. I, in fact, HATE FaceBook. I contend that the only thing it is good for, is bragging and starting fights. My wife, who dispite my objections, has two pages(one for herself, and one for her painting), tells me to make a page so I can more easily connect with my friends and the guys I served with, has a family who:

1)Are very well off(well, there are a few millionaires. So, ofcourse, they are a-holes) And
2) They brag and start fights... DAILY!

I refuse. Just today, using her account, I checked a high school friends page, and sure enough, a bunch of guys I grew up with, were arguing over politics.

I hate FaceBook. Change my mind.
Personally, I never saw the attraction to ever use it. But, that is me.

14,459 Posts
I once had a facebook account for three months.

When someone would contact me to only engage in BS, I merely blocked them.

While the attraction to connect to friends and family is tempting, it can also be used as a tool against you. Nobody needs to see my firearms, nor know where I am located, or the house I live, or whatever.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Like everything else it’s what you make of it and is honestly not for everyone. I’ve never been in a fight on Facebook, argued with anyone or been friends with people who I perceive as a-holes for long. Life is too short and I am not purposely adding a stressor to my life.

I make it a place to see how family and friends past and present are doing. There are a lot of people who have positively contributed to who I am and my life and I to theirs. I share what is going on with my family for people who care. I make it a place to joke and commiserate. I have gotten together with friends from the past. Basically I make it a place I can enjoy for 10 or 15 minutes at the end of a day.

I know what I think about politics and don’t feel the need to tell everyone else. If someone is a constant ******* on line I have no problem deleting them. No fanfare or drama. Every year or so I look through my friends list and delete people that I don’t really remember, have any desire to interact with or care about.

I don’t know you so I can’t say if Facebook is for you. What I can say is Facebook is what you make it.

·
Only politics *****.
5,599 Posts
Not gonna try and change your mind.

It's just a tool for me. Use it to keep in touch with some people, and keep track of some events. Just use it for what you can use it for, and ignore the rest (or don't use it at all). Am myself deleting most of the stuff i ever uploaded years ago.

·
Only politics *****.
5,599 Posts
How can the gobermint get free info on almost all the population without even trying.

Social media.

Now social media only works for those that are lock step in with it.

If you have an opinion that differs... BANNED
which is the most UN-American word I have ever heard. But they I grow up in real America, not this corporate driven collective.

They ban anyone under 18 for a picture with a firearm. How in sweet Jesus's name do they know the ages of the millions of people on their sites.

Sorry Dude, I failed miserably at convincing you it is good
Try posting some things on certain topics here. You'll quickly find this the most "un-American" forum too ;).

Though it's not un-American to stick to the rules of the place you're visiting, is it? It's respect for others property and wishes.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts