Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my CCW and found that my Glock 19 was just a bit big for conceal carry so I went to a gun show today and picked up a Taurus PT745 Millennium Pro .45 ACP. My Glock holds 15 in the mag vs. only 6 in this thing but I doubt that I would need more than 6 in most circumstances (especially if I carry an extra mag). Anyway, here's a couple of pictures.

The Taurus is more compact and slightly lighter than my Glock fully loaded. It really feels nice in my hand and has great balance. I can't wait to take it to the range.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Congrats. Taurus makes good pistols. you can't go wrong with one.

Reactions: ActionJackson

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Taurus has a great warranty on their weapons. Sorry your 19 would not work for you.
My Glock would have worked but it was a bit bulky. I went to the gun show to get the Taurus but almost got a .380 Kel Tec due to it's really small size but changed back to the Taurus for its size/caliber relationship. I've never seen such a small .45 before.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
I bet it kicks like a mule. get plenty of practice in so you learn to compensate.

Handsome piece.

Reactions: ActionJackson

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It will need it if you do high volume shooting.

Friends don't let friends carry Tauruses.
At 48 years old, this is the first time I've heard someone say something bad about a Taurus. What sorts of things go wrong with them?

Fortunately, I don't do a lot of handgun shooting. Whenever I go to the range, it's to shoot my rifles but I usually take my handguns and shotguns along just to stay familiar with them. This particular gun will probably won't get shot more than a couple of hundred times over my lifetime.

Reactions: Dwind

·
22,122 Posts
I entrust my life to my Taurus every day I work. That enough should tell volumes

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
At 48 years old, this is the first time I've heard someone say something bad about a Taurus. What sorts of things go wrong with them?

Fortunately, I don't do a lot of handgun shooting. Whenever I go to the range, it's to shoot my rifles but I usually take my handguns and shotguns along just to stay familiar with them. This particular gun will probably won't get shot more than a couple of hundred times over my lifetime.

I've seen too many break.

I had a Ti Taurus .38... You dump a couple cylinders through it and it'll lock up till it cools down.

Guy next to me in my Gunsite 250 class had a Milunium (SP?) in .45...

Been his carry gun for years... By lunch of the first day he was using my spair 1911... by day 2 he had bought his own.

Seen tauruses break/jam alot since.

If your only gonna shoot a few hundred rounds throught it's lifespan you should be fine (So long as it doesn't fail when you need it.)
-THese are the people Taurus intends to sell to.

If your gonna be a high volume shooter or otherwise USE the gun...
It'll fail (The Beretta 92 knock off seems to be the exception, but don't quote me :)o:)
Ask yourself this/check it out:
How many do you see used by the people who go to alot of shooting schools...

(THose I've seen at classes have ALL failed to the extent that 'loaners' were necessary)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a PT145 as well, nice gun. I went ahead and opted for the thicker, 10 round variant. Taurus did put out some bad guns back in the day. The third gen Millennium Pro you have, however, doesn't seem to have any problems. I know several people with well over 1,000 rounds through w/o any troubles. :thumb:

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
I have a PT145 as well, nice gun. I went ahead and opted for the thicker, 10 round variant. Taurus did put out some bad guns back in the day. The third gen Millennium Pro you have, however, doesn't seem to have any problems. I know several people with well over 1,000 rounds through w/o any troubles. :thumb:
1,000 rounds isn't even 2 days of classes...

Like I said, rather than GOOD guns, Taurus makes their guns for 'the average shooter'

...You decide what sadisfies you.

·
22,122 Posts
I've seen too many break.

I had a Ti Taurus .38... You dump a couple cylinders through it and it'll lock up till it cools down.
Ive seen a lot of EVERY weapon fail. because someone doesnt like to clean his weapon, or uses substandard ammo, or has a Monday/Friday gun- don't fault a whole company for a few bad eggs.

·
glock snob
346 Posts
glocks blow up because people dont read directions . no lead bullets onily jacketed rounds in glocks ,90% of all police agenceys cant be wrong as a mater of fact i believe that they mostley use GLOCKS!! i have a taurus and i did trust my life to it till it broke then i went back to carying my glock ,why BECAUSE IT DOSE NOT BREAK AND IT ALWAYS WORKS !! jost my opinion i am a glock man !!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Glock fanboys are the worst. :D.

Only time will tell. With my 1911, if it craps out on me in 3-5k rounds, I'll replace the part. I'd rather buy a Taurus 1911 to crap out, than buy a similarly customized Kimber or Springfield to crap out at twice the price.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts