Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
"Fast Mover"
236 Posts
You should probably trade that Glock in for a XD. Then the criminals wouldn't think you're carrying a toy.:D::D::D:

Pointblank

Reactions: Coastie Kyle

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Good looking set up, let's hope you never have to use it...!

Reactions: Aikidoka

·
Registered
688 Posts
Any reason for getting that one over the Persuader, Rolling Thunder, Slugster or the 930?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
I just looked at one of those today. They gunstore wanted $335.00. Is that close to what you paid?

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
So does the Mossberg 500 Tactical have the dual extractors and a metal safety?
The diffrence is it does not have the heavy barrel of the 590 A1 right.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Here a 590 A1 with Heavy 20 " barrel; Ghost Ring Sights; Metal Trigger Guard; Bayonet Lug (milspec) is $575 CAD

590 Security Model; 20" barrel; Ghost Ring Sights; Speed Feed Stock is $525 CAD.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
I feel like I got a steal now...I just purchased this exact model (500 tactical) from Big 5 Sporting Goods last Thursday for $369.99, on sale from $459.99. I should be able to pick it up on December 1st.
You paid for it and did not leave with it? How long is your waiting period?

·
Registered
91 Posts
There's a 10 day waiting period for all rifles, shotguns, and handguns in California. You can't just walk in, buy one, and leave with it. Gun shows have the same rules. Actually, you can't even legally sell one to a friend without going through an FFL holder and waiting the 10 day period. And yes, you have to pay for it at time of sale, not when you pick it up.

Handguns also require a Handgun Safety Certificate, a loading/unloading test with the firearm being purchased, and a utility bill listing your current residence. Even black powder revolvers fall into this category.

Oh, and that federal assault weapons ban being dropped doesn't make a difference in California because they have their own state law banning them that's enforced. You can't even legally import one even if you're permanently moving here from another state.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts