Pee Wee
SAS Survival Manual
Water Purification Straw
2 x Para cord

Wind up fob watch
Push key ring torch
Chalk in a film case
Duct Tape
BCB Survival Tin (puri tablets, knife, whistle, firesteel, fishing kit, trap wire, wood saw, safety pins, etc)
Aluminium foil in bag
Money purse

Compass
Waterproof bag on lanyard
SAK
Leather rigging gloves
Prescription meds
Food for Free manual
Torch
Safety matches
Cotton wool buds

In the back pocket

Poncho tarp
Emergency protective tent (like a huge cyclinder aluminium sheet with paracord)
Notebook and pencil (moved to a front pocket for easier access)
Aluminium blanket (moved to front pocket for easier access)
Landranger Map of my area

The biggest hole I can see is immediate food - I'll have to add some candy of some sort. I cant take normal MREs due to allergies and insensitives to certain foods.

This is my level 1, I have two further levels - one rucksack and a pull trolley.

Id love any suggestions/changes you would make.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
+1 for Grey man
+1 for mobility

Other then lacking Water, and your belt fed machine gun, I think it's awesome and unique!

Reactions: Smudge

·
Kibitzer
6,631 Posts
BCB Survival Tin (puri tablets, knife, whistle, firesteel, fishing kit, trap wire, wood saw, safety pins, etc)
I hope you've replaced that cheap knife with a better one?

What model SAK?

Wouldn't a match safe (pill bottle, 35mm) be better than a plastic bag?

You have access to water all the time to use straw? Which pocket holds water bag when filled?

+1 on wind up watch, I can't find one anywhere but ebay.

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope you've replaced that cheap knife with a better one?

What model SAK?

Wouldn't a match safe (pill bottle, 35mm) be better than a plastic bag?

You have access to water all the time to use straw? Which pocket holds water bag when filled?

+1 on wind up watch, I can't find one anywhere but ebay.
Water is everywhere here its the UK, it rains a lot. Seriously I have water in bottle form but dont include it in the jacket as its elsewhere.

The model of SAK, sorry I cant remember.

I have matches stashed everywhere in various containers.

The fob watch is from Ebay, but I have found them cheaply in charity/thrift shops.

Guns - its the Uk need I say more.

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
16,413 Posts
I love the basic idea. I live in a desert in the US so it would need adaptation. But having your gear on you, and not obvious, is a great idea.

I also like using a fishing vest, I would add a patch from the local catch and release fly fishing club and include a 5 pc rod and tackle.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Would the vest get in the way, if you needed to throw on a pack. Like I would assume a level 2 BOB would be. It is a great idea, modularity(with pack). But all the parts have the basics so if you lost one you still had a good bit of gear

·
Custom User Title Member
238 Posts
I didn't mention guns, I asked if you replaced the cheap knife in kit with a better one.

Mine was so cheap, it didn't have name on it. Maybe china or pakistan?

his gun comment was in reference to Crutch saying " your belt fed machine gun"

·
Research, Learn, Share
819 Posts
Would the vest get in the way, if you needed to throw on a pack. Like I would assume a level 2 BOB would be. It is a great idea, modularity(with pack). But all the parts have the basics so if you lost one you still had a good bit of gear
I made one of those a couple of years ago for day trips into the woods to take photos and do some painting. It let me have all the survival stuff where I couldn't lose it if I fell or got turned around when walking away from my 'camp' site. It's amazing how much you can pack into a fly fishing vest. You can also hang things from it, too.

I pack soft and flat items in the back pocket: construction bag, space blanket, poncho, socks, water bag, extra bandanna, enamel plate (good as a plate, a pan to cook on, a place to build a small fire on wet ground, and more). The plate is always the outside item in the pocket and works like a shield against my day pack.

·
Homesteader
4,145 Posts
Heres my level 1 BoB:

My multi pocket vest- jacket:

The contents of the front:

Buff
Pee Wee
SAS Survival Manual
Water Purification Straw
2 x Para cord

Wind up fob watch
Push key ring torch
Chalk in a film case
Duct Tape
Aluminium foil in bag
Money purse

Compass
Waterproof bag on lanyard
SAK
Leather rigging gloves
Prescription meds
Food for Free manual
Torch
Safety matches
Cotton wool buds

In the back pocket

Poncho tarp
Emergency protective tent (like a huge cyclinder aluminium sheet with paracord)
Notebook and pencil (moved to a front pocket for easier access)
Aluminium blanket (moved to front pocket for easier access)
Landranger Map of my area

The biggest hole I can see is immediate food - I'll have to add some candy of some sort. I cant take normal MREs due to allergies and insensitives to certain foods.

This is my level 1, I have two further levels - one rucksack and a pull trolley.

Id love any suggestions/changes you would make.

Hey you've done well. You've come a long way. I'd suggest a metal cup of some sort to heat liquids and drink from. You can pack other stuff into it to save space. Maybe you can find something flattish so it carries comfortably. What I carry for food is a couple of fast food pouches of honey, some tea bags (or coffee) and some small plastic bags of Tang. A cup of hot Tang goes a long way on a cold rainy night.

I have a mental picture of the pull trolley you've mentioned before and it might be wrong but I picture a frail thing with little wheels. I use a different sort but I thought for you one of those pull behind a bicycle carts that either carry children or baggage would be something that would not be out of place in a city for everyday use and would be rugged enough for most any use. Any mechanic could likely make you a handle to pull it by hand. Just food for thought.

·
Homesteader
4,145 Posts
Something else I would add is some basic hygiene gear. A toothbrush and toothpaste. A small bar of soap in a plastic bag and some small packets of wipes. If you are like me you'll especially appreciate a toothbrush on an overnight stay.

I thought of your post yesterday when I came across one of those pull behind bicycle carts in good condition at a dumpster site. I picked it up for free and upon looking at it I think I'll replace the canvas portion with a light plywood box. Easily done and easy to make weathertight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts