Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just traded two knives for one and I thought I'd show you what I got.

I decided that it was time to get rid of my Ontario Pilot's Survival Knife, so I put it up for trade on a Finnish knife forum. Two hours later I got a reply offering me a Roselli big leuku. Exactly what I wanted (backup big knife). Since there's a considerable difference in value, I also gave the guy my new, hardly-used Opinel No. 12 (wife bought it for me, but she OK'd the trade. Now the Opinel family has a new dad! ;) ). Opinels are hard to find in Finland, and I don't even know if you can get the No. 12 at all (except by ordering internationally, like I did).

Here are some specs:

Sheath - leather, dyed black
Handle - curly birch
Blade - carbon steel (Full-length tang. I did not expect it to be.)
Blade length - 7 3/4"
Blade width - 1 3/8"
Blade thickness - 0.20"

I took a picture of it alongside my other leuku to show the size difference. It's definitely lighter and feels smaller. I'm very curious to see how well it chops. If it does well, it would be my choice if I could have "only one knife to survive", because I think it would handle more intricate cutting tasks easier.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.