Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
This site sucks
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took it out for a little test and was impressed. Took some creek water and about 60 seconds to make great water. Filter is supposed to do 200-250 gallons depending on what you start with.

·
Numquam Succumbe
4,173 Posts
Took it out for a little test and was impressed. Took some creek water and about 60 seconds to make great water. Filter is supposed to do 200-250 gallons depending on what you start with.
I brought my pocket pro on our last camping trip, and my friend brought his hiker. His was much easier to use. I suppose the tradeoff is ease of use vs. durability and filtering capacity.

·
This site sucks
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to have the pocket also, just a little over what I was looking to spend at the time. The pocket is around 300 but goes to .2 micron and will do 13000 gallons I guess because of the ceramic filter. My hiker will only do 250 gallons to .3 microns but I got it for 45 dollars.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My Hiker has lasted for 8-10 years. Just got to replace the filter when it gets nasty. Lube the gaskets every now & then with the silicone lube that's provided.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I've picked up two of them at yard sales within the past two months.

The first was a new Katadyne version brand new complete in the pouch for $2.00

The second was the original Hiker Pro ( all parts interchange) complete but used for $ 3.00.

Now if only I could get some extra new filters cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts