Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My name is Jason and I am very interested in learning survival techniques for my family and I in case of the SHTF. I currently rent an apartment with a private attached garage and private entryway door. I'm interesting in procuring survival weapons such as a shotgun and handgun. Maybe down the road try to buy a .22 rifle for varmint control. Right now I am securing food, water, alternative cooking supplies and fuels in case of brown outs and black outs. I am also starting my journey into the wonderful world of ham radio for emergency communications in the future. :)

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
welcome aboard

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Great to have you aboard nightcrew. Glad you're taking these things seriously. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome to our community from Dallas. Buy the 22 Long Rifle first. You can afford it and the ammo now. Don't buy a gun and a 20 round box of ammo. that is what the general public does. You can buy a 500 round brick of 22LR cheap. BUy more than one and keep picking it up when you see it on sale. Buy a good 22 gun. Look for bargains at Pawn shops now. hard times mean a lot of good guns being pawned. Also look for sales at big box sporting goods places. Don't forget to make your plan. You need more than guns. Buy food and buy what you eat. Dont' buy stuff you can't stand. Eat what you buy. think if the power goes off what do i have now that will work?

Good to have you here. Look for the good people and they will help you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts