Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Crazy
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a while back I ordered the 15 round flush fitting mags from shield arms for the Glock 43x. Well they came in the mail. I have never really liked the the short barrel on the 43x and these mags also work in the Glock 48. The 43 is nice but I can shoot my G19 much better. I happened into a gun store yesterday and they had a 48. As soon as I picked it up I knew I was buying it. The G48 is hand down the best Glock I have ever felt. I haven’t shot it yet but I think it’s my new carry gun. There are several reviews online that give the 15rd flush fitting S15 mag great reviews. The 48 is basically a G19 just skinny and lightweight.

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,655 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Its an interesting proposition for sure. I noticed what a huge difference it was replacing my old Glock 26 with a Shield 2.0. Same capacity but that slightly slimmer and lighter design made a huge difference in concealing on the days when I needed something with a smaller profile.

The advantages of the 19 remain the enormous selection support gear like holsters where there is a big difference between being able to get "a holster" and being able to get the holster I actually want from companies I prefer and with any light combo I want.

Also while this shouldn't stop you from getting your optimal setup because mags are so cheap and available right now it is nice to be able to run any of the dozens of 9mm Glock magazines I already own in the 19.

Lastly I want to see a few months of hard use put on the new Shield Arms mags to see if they are as reliable as factory Glock mags. People saying "mine have worked great" after firing 200 rounds through them over a 6 month period means nothing.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Its an interesting proposition for sure. I noticed what a huge difference it was replacing my old Glock 26 with a Shield 2.0. Same capacity but that slightly slimmer and lighter design made a huge difference in concealing on the days when I needed something with a smaller profile.

The advantages of the 19 remain the enormous selection support gear like holsters where there is a big difference between being able to get "a holster" and being able to get the holster I actually want from companies I prefer and with any light combo I want.

Also while this shouldn't stop you from getting your optimal setup because mags are so cheap and available right now it is nice to be able to run any of the dozens of 9mm Glock magazines I already own in the 19.

Lastly I want to see a few months of hard use put on the new Shield Arms mags to see if they are as reliable as factory Glock mags. People saying "mine have worked great" after firing 200 rounds through them over a 6 month period means nothing.

Since when does a shield hold as many rounds as a Glock 26?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,655 Posts
Yesterday I tested a number of different brands, weights and bullet types in my G48, to see which I could shoot the most accurately at 50 feet.

(As a retired LE, I have to recertify once a year and 50 feet is the max distance.)

The winner was the 9mm Luger 115 Grain JHP Hollow Point Fiocchi Ammunition - 9APHP.

I also qualified with my EC9s, with 124 gr. Aquilla FMJ. (just barely at 50 feet but by then I was getting a little tired.)

I used to use the PPU JHP 115 gr but it is out of stock at all the places that I use online and, of course, Wally World no longer has it.

At 30 feet and under, everything performed very well. I especially like the Fed aluminum but they don't prefer aluminum at the departmental range.

Anyway, I'm think the Fiocchi - 9APHP is now my new EDC for the G48.

Question for the OP.
I know you said you haven't shot it yet but I am wondering how 5 more rounds affects the balance? Have you noticed a difference?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts