Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 5 months ago, while on the way to work my wife and I saw this grill on the side of the road. At lunch it was still there. So my wife called her son and asked him to go get it.

The sheet metal was bent from where it fell out of the truck or trailer. A few whacks with a 4 pound hammer and the dents were pushed back out. There was even some twine tied to the leg, but the twine had broke. Academy and Lowes sells these grills for about $70. The handle that you use to open the grill was broken from the fall and the metal handles are still bent, but they still work just fine. I might straighten them out one day and put a new wooden handle on the grill.

The actual grill that the food sits on is made out of cast iron, so it will never rust out.

Its a perfect size to cook for about 4 - 6 people. I usually start the grill with a small bag of self lighting charcoal, and with a piece of oak or pecan laying next to the charcoal.

·
Prepared in NH
12,866 Posts
Kev,

Nice Freebie Find. Thanks for sharing.

A good old fashioned, simple, grill is worth alot.

My dad still uses a cast Iron Habichi (sp) grill that he bought back over 30 years ago (it's his only grill). Not a spot of rust, and still works the way it did when new.

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
That's a sweetie of a grill. Perfect size. And the price is right!
..I'll give you twice what you paid for it. ;-)

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
dang i never find good stuff on the road! although i did loose a grill on the road once, stopped to pick it back up though it was pretty much ruined. a friend on mine found a perfectly good generator he still has !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
As long as there are no strings attached, Free is always the best price.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts