Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Almost home
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe that in order to save the USA fundamental change is needed. My four proposals to save US.

1) Balance of trade amendment, mandate no more imports than exports.

2) Tax imports to domestic parity immediately until we can pass the balance of trade amendment.

3) Abolish the Fed immediately, have the treasury issue the currency as the Constitution mandates, and save the taxpayers 3-5% of every dollar issued.

4) Nationalize the banks immediately, run them like the state charted Bank of North Dakota and have the profits returned to the people.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
I believe that in order to save the USA fundamental change is needed. My four proposals to save US.

1) Balance of trade amendment, mandate no more imports than exports.

2) Tax imports to domestic parity immediately until we can pass the balance of trade amendment.

3) Abolish the Fed immediately, have the treasury, issue the currency, and save the taxpayers 3-5% of every dollar issued.

4) Nationalize the banks immediately, run them like the state charted Bank of North Dakota and have the profits returned to the people.
I say, how about a bit of Communism to get this economy going again?

·
Almost home
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
North Dakota is doing just fine with its state sponsored bank, it makes money for the state residents.

Hardly communism, frankly what we have in our money supply is the worst kind of oligarchy, everything for the benefit of the few elites only.

http://www.banknd.nd.gov/

"As the only state-owned bank in the nation we act as a funding resource in partnership with other financial institutions, economic development groups and guaranty agencies. We have four established business areas: Student Loans, Lending Services, Treasury Services and Banking Services. BND’s support services and dedicated employees provide you with the best customer service."

We import roughly 200 billion dollars more than we export every month. That represents 10's of milions of jobs and trillions in lost local, state and federal taxes.

·
Almost home
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Raines

Two ideas to ponder.

First Smoot-Hawley was enacted after the 29 market crash. Chicken or egg?

Second the US in 29 was a huge net exporter, the world manufacturer, as China is today. China is enhancing their export ability by an artificial currency peg to the US dollar, defacto manipulation on the part of the Chinese, and I believe this is destroying US jobs.

The issuance and control of US money is mandated in the Constitution, the role of the States and Federal Republic are defined. We are not currently following constitutional money mandates. What I am proposing is mandated by the constitution and is definitely not communism.

The issuance of "money" by the States, or Federal Republic is for the benefit of the people, not the oligarchs and elites, and is constitutionally mandated..

·
Registered
61 Posts
My thoughts

Taxing imports may cause a trade war, as might limiting imports by tying them to exports. People will be upset if they lose their cheap Chinese electronics and prices increase on basically everything.

I think nationalizing banks or abolishing the fed will not achieve much. We need to stop having a negative cash flow, either by spending less or taxing more (most likely, both).

My proposals:

1.) Privatize social security. Everybody will have an individual account, which is invested 100% in U.S. treasuries. People who support defined-benefits social security feel that investing is risky*, but treasuries are supposedly safe, and will beat inflation in the long term. Everyone will have a guaranteed retirement account, if they worked. Currently people who work less than ten years (housewives, etc...) receive no benefits, even if they contributed for several years. They would benefit from this plan. The plan would be very fair to everyone, giving greater retirements to higher earners/harder workers. The government would avoid over-promising and under-funding. In addition, everyone would own a piece of the government, instead of the current arrangement, where most US debt is held by foreign nations. Everyone benefits (except sponges who take more than they contributed).

*Those politicians who say investing is risky, and the government is safe, make me laugh. I would much rather have an individual account with a known amount of money and portfolio, than a politician who promises me that my money will be safe with him.

2.) Slash entitlements - medicare, medicaid, food stamps, welfare, etc... Giving people money because they need it will increase the needy. In any case we can't afford it. We also need to cut defense spending - much of it is wasted by military contractors and foreign intervention policies. However, percentage-wise, 25% defense spending is probably good for a nation of our size and political clout.

3.) 50% don't pay income taxes and this number is growing - we need to restructure our taxes so that most of these people pay. At the very least, we must repeal universal suffrage and take away their vote. Obviously if you vote yourself money out of the treasury, and pay no income taxes (and many receive net income from the gov't; some don't pay any taxes at all, including illegals), you have a conflict of interest when it comes to politics - you vote yourself your monthly check. Suffrage should be limited to those who have a stake in the success of this country, those with skin in the game so to speak. People who don't speak English, pledge allegiance to foreign nations, etc... should not have equal representation with those who contribute and support this country.

4.) Pull out of wars which do not benefit us. Libya and Afghanistan are definitely money-sinks, especially when you consider that the wars are all primarily financed with borrowed money, on which we pay interest. I am somewhat uniformed on Iraq, but it may be possible to maintain an inexpensive presence, and yet still control the oil. $10/gallon gasoline will cripple this nation's economy like the subprime bubble couldn't. Cheap energy is incredibly important, and I expect this century will see more resource wars. In light of this, it is debatable whether or not we should leave Iraq.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
1.) Privatize social security. Everybody will have an individual account, which is invested 100% in U.S. treasuries. People who support defined-benefits social security feel that investing is risky*, but treasuries are supposedly safe, and will beat inflation in the long term. Everyone will have a guaranteed retirement account, if they worked. Currently people who work less than ten years (housewives, etc...) receive no benefits, even if they contributed for several years. They would benefit from this plan. The plan would be very fair to everyone, giving greater retirements to higher earners/harder workers. The government would avoid over-promising and under-funding. In addition, everyone would own a piece of the government, instead of the current arrangement, where most US debt is held by foreign nations. Everyone benefits (except sponges who take more than they contributed).
I personally don't want a single dollar of my money invested in US debt. How about the government say you need to put it in a private account like an IRA or something and stay the hell out of my business.

*Those politicians who say investing is risky, and the government is safe, make me laugh. I would much rather have an individual account with a known amount of money and portfolio, than a politician who promises me that my money will be safe with him.
Im with you, I just don't want the government telling me HOW to invest it. It's my money, it should be my call.

2.) Slash entitlements - medicare, medicaid, food stamps, welfare, etc... Giving people money because they need it will increase the needy. In any case we can't afford it. We also need to cut defense spending - much of it is wasted by military contractors and foreign intervention policies. However, percentage-wise, 25% defense spending is probably good for a nation of our size and political clout.
if by slash, you mean dismantle then Im on board. leave the medical and SS to those who put their work time in. Military naturally needs funding. Everything else needs to be done away with 100%.

3.) 50% don't pay income taxes and this number is growing - we need to restructure our taxes so that most of these people pay. At the very least, we must repeal universal suffrage and take away their vote. Obviously if you vote yourself money out of the treasury, and pay no income taxes (and many receive net income from the gov't; some don't pay any taxes at all, including illegals), you have a conflict of interest when it comes to politics - you vote yourself your monthly check. Suffrage should be limited to those who have a stake in the success of this country, those with skin in the game so to speak. People who don't speak English, pledge allegiance to foreign nations, etc... should not have equal representation with those who contribute and support this country.
I think the 50% should pay their share as well. I have a sister in law who made like 26K last year, and got a $9,600 return. WHAT! I was mad. I paid in 3 times what she got back and I got back a paltry 2k (overpaid). Something is broke in this system.

4.) Pull out of wars which do not benefit us. Libya and Afghanistan are definitely money-sinks, especially when you consider that the wars are all primarily financed with borrowed money, on which we pay interest. I am somewhat uniformed on Iraq, but it may be possible to maintain an inexpensive presence, and yet still control the oil. $10/gallon gasoline will cripple this nation's economy like the subprime bubble couldn't. Cheap energy is incredibly important, and I expect this century will see more resource wars. In light of this, it is debatable whether or not we should leave Iraq.
It's all about the oil. The very first thing we did in Iraq was to secure the oil fields and ports. Nothing is more important than oil to our government. We are dependant on oil like a meth head is dependant on needles and meth.

·
Spyder Rider
1,809 Posts
Raines

Two ideas to ponder.

First Smoot-Hawley was enacted after the 29 market crash. Chicken or egg?

Second the US in 29 was a huge net exporter, the world manufacturer, as China is today. China is enhancing their export ability by an artificial currency peg to the US dollar, defacto manipulation on the part of the Chinese, and I believe this is destroying US jobs.

The issuance and control of US money is mandated in the Constitution, the role of the States and Federal Republic are defined. We are not currently following constitutional money mandates. What I am proposing is mandated by the constitution and is definitely not communism.

The issuance of "money" by the States, or Federal Republic is for the benefit of the people, not the oligarchs and elites, and is constitutionally mandated..
Smoot Hawley made the depression worse and caused it to last longer.

Doing the same thing again would give you the same result.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Nationalize the banks immediately.....
So, you suggest we essentially STEAL the banking corprations from their rightful,legal stock holders, and then have the ever efficient and trustworthy U.S. Government own and operate them ?
Hmmm,why does the old expression, "out of the frying pan,into the fire" suddenly spring to mind? :rolleyes:
Besides, the line between the Central banks and government is already so blurred,it's possible there'd be no discernable difference even if we did do this.

·
Banned
930 Posts
So, you suggest we essentially STEAL the banking corprations from their stock holders, and then have the ever efficient and trustworthy U.S. Governemnt own and operate them ?
Hmmm,why does the old expression, "out of the frying pan,into the fire" suddenly spring to mind? :rolleyes:
Besides, the line between the Central banks and government is already so blurred, I'd wager there'd be no discernable difference even of we did this.

You mean we would then have guys that worked for the feds, also working at goldmans's,jp's,etc?

Man that is a terrible ideal, that would only work in their favor, we could never allow this to happe...............oh, wait a min, it is already s.o.p.;)

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,135 Posts
We have to violate the principals of a free market to save the free market.

·
Patiently Waiting
6,086 Posts
China is enhancing their export ability by an artificial currency peg to the US dollar, defacto manipulation on the part of the Chinese, and I believe this is destroying US jobs.
No, greed is destroying US jobs. Why pay an American $12 an hour plus benefits, when the Chinese will do it for $2 an hour without benefits.

Sorry, this is capitalism. If you don't like it, move to North Korea.

·
Improvise Adapt Overcome!
12,005 Posts
North Dakota is doing just fine with its state sponsored bank, it makes money for the state residents.

Hardly communism, frankly what we have in our money supply is the worst kind of oligarchy, everything for the benefit of the few elites only.

Hardly Communism you say?? Do you even know the meaning of the word?

·
Realist
180 Posts
My proposals:

This is the part that really gets me ticked off. In my opinion it is like taxation without equal representation. Since there are those not being taxed who have a say in how the taxes are spent. If you want a say in how the funds are divided then you should be contributing something to the fund.

You know there was a whole revolution fought over this concept a couple hundred years ago....oh wait that was us. :xeye:

·
angel waiting
4,071 Posts
Here's my ideas

1. Abolish the Fed
2. 5% reduction in all Local/state/Federal employee wages a freeze on all pay increases, all government workers must pay 1/2 their medical insurance, no more free retirement for government employees.
3. Close the post office every Wednesday and Saturday.
4. No more parties in Washington
5. Any government official who takes a vacation must pay for their own hotel/car service/ air fare/ security detail
6. All recipients of SSDI and welfare must volunteer so many hours a week at a day care/ hospital/library/ food cupboard/church etc no work no benefits
7. Mandatory drug test for all SSDI and welfare recipients
8. Mandatory birth contol for all welfare recipients
9. Close all state parks Monday and Tuesdays.
10. Change the welfare system. Make all food stamps like WIC payments, you get checks that denote what you can buy example; 1 gallon of milk, 2 boxes of cereal, 2 jars of peanut butter. No more allowing people to buy what ever food they want
11. In prison shut off the cable tv and put all non violent offenders to work.
12. No more grants or research offers for the next 10 years unless it is related to cancer/AIDES etc. No more studies to increase pickle technology.
13. 1 senator for every state, no more govenors mansions sell them all off. Noone else in America gets a free home with their job neither should any government employee.
14. End all subsidies for banks, oil, big businesses. End the love affair between Washington and corporate America.
15. Everybody pays. I don't care if you are dirt poor you need to pay something for the services you recieve.
16. Bring home our troops

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
All worthy and valid suggestions,Tadbitangelny, and I could add a few more myself. The only problem is that we run headlong into REALITY.
In other words, ain't none of them have a chance in hell of ever being implemented.
Long-story short: We're at the losing end of a plain-and-simple numbers battle. The welfare crowd and their entitlers, have the momentum,and their numbers are increasing as we speak. Rational solutions are now considered "hostile" and "racist", and sadly, are dying on the vine. :(

·
Registered
558 Posts
How about a national sales tax on all goods and services. The only exception would be for anything containing 100% made in USA manufactured and finished products.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts