Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My grandfather brought this back with him from WWII and when I was a kid he gave it to me for a birthday present.

He had it completely redone and checked out so when he gave it to me it was like a new rifle. I remember the gunsmith telling us he had a heck of a time drilling through the seasoned German steel for the scope mounts.

All numbers match and I believe it was made in Düsseldorf in 1941 if my memory serves me right, The scope mount in the front covers that marking now. I am at some point going to have it reblued as right now it still the 1941 bluing.

Anyhow, I was asked by a few people to post a photo or two of this rifle so here it is as of last night...

·
"Et si omnes ego non"
246 Posts
Wow. Youre really lucky there. Usually Kar98Ks are mostly Russian captured with mismatched parts. Take good care of her.

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you
When my grandfather passed on, I got all his WWII papers, medals you name it. Last night I found the papers giving approval for this rifle and the luger.

I have had this now for 33 years and plan on passing it down when the time comes...

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"concernedenglish like somone said its beautiful infact...its better than most women"

Well I am not to sure about that... women are on my favorite things list! :thumb:

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks GB

I know but at the time I was just happy to get it. Grandpa wanted me to use it for hunting, so he had the scope done...

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Thanks GB

I know but at the time I was just happy to get it. Grandpa wanted me to use it for hunting, so he had the scope done...
One of my acquaintances here is a WWII vet. He brought home a mauser
that had never been issued.

His last hunt was a few years ago. But that was his hunting rifle ever since the war, and his trophy room shows what it could do. It is custom restocked by an expert, fitted with a Zeiss scope, and otherwise reworded but the barrel is the one it was born with.

A std issue mauser is made for rough combat; its not a hunting rifle. I'd never be disappointed that it was altered from the original. no shortage of examples out there, if a person wants to see a WWII military rifle.

What YOU have tho is a superb hunting rifle.

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It has been a perfect rifle, and right on everytime... I would never part with it...

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you Big...

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will post a photo of my M1 Garand also soon...

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They were seeing who all had to sign for him to bring these home... Very interesting to read

1 - 16 of 16 Posts