Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
niiiice, although to most people thats nothing, including me
if you liked killing it, the smart thing to do would start a hobbie of hunting
first start with squirrels, learn to skin them, this website is really really helpfull on skinning and preserving things like squirrels
then work your way up, rabbits, birds, *****, you know until you think your ready to get into hunting deer, thats when you want to purchase a good rifle or shotgun
get some camo and just go deer stalking, which is take a few steps in your woods and stop for a bit and just listen, keep on and on until you find one, dont get discouraged because you will get one eventually. Then when you get your first kill or whenever go out and purchase a decent tree stand so you can just sit above everything and wait for one but make sure you feed them in that area you setup a while before you actually setup
see its a good start to a new fun hobbie

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Few things

First i am 13 years old and y cant buy a rifle or shotgun.
I took a picture of a mouse but y dont know how to take it from mobile phone.
I am trying to hit a bird but they dont rest they are just flying.
that mouse was eating my rabbits corn so i had to kill him.
Here where i live we dont have squirels.:thumb:
Thanks for comments.

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
You should have shot the rabbit. There's more meat...:thumb:
Either the rabbit is a singular pet or one of a group for breeding and eating. In the first case the animal would not be consumed and in the latter it will be wrung or otherwise, not shot, when it is time. Either way, leave the kid alone, he shot what was vermin on his property, there's nothing psychopathic about shooting a fox which enroaches on one's meaty sheep. Shoot and eat always? Some wouldn't eat mice, rats, crows and so on unless with no other recourse and that's understandable given the filth they consume.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
I would hit a rabbit but i cant find a wild ones (but i see holes) and my rabbits are killed in a more humaneus way. (axe):D:
Look into the thickest nastiest briar thicket and you will find the rabbits. A thicket on a fence row is best. Kick up bushes, stomp and make noise. That should jump the rabbits. There are other techniques, but that should get started. If you have them in the neighborhood, you can find them in the bushes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rabbits and other small game

Thanks i will try that.
Almost every day i see something that looks like a quail we call it šljuka it is a bird and i could probably hunt it like a quail and that is something i would eat.
If anyone have any technikes please write them. Sory for english.:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Air gun

Also i forgot to say i have a old russian breakbarrel rifle IŽBAJKAL-22
and for christmas i will got a Diana Panther 31 compact .177 air gun so the hunt will begin after christmas.:thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.