Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Afraid for my country
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to be a Mother Earth News hippy. Had gardens for quite a few years way back when. Moved to suburbia and never did it again. Well I am still in suburbia but decided I did not want to have to depend on others for fresh vegs. Wanted to start small and fix mistakes or whatever along the way. I have 2 raised beds 4X4 with heirloom tomatoes (German Queen and Mr Stripey) Yellow peppers, Cilantro, rosemary, bush beans, onions, lettuce, acorn squash and brussel sprouts. Other bed has corn ( 2 different planting times) pinto beans from a store bought bag just to see what they would do, and sunflowers for the grandkids. Kennebec potatoes seem to be doing well too. Also have pots of Relleno peppers, strawberrys, thai lettuce, and Japanese eggplant. I love having fresh vegs! I can't believe how good they are, how fun and therapeutic this all is. Oh yeah, also have 4 raspberries, 2 blackberries and 3 blueberries.

Attachments

·
The Over 40 Club
1,412 Posts
I just want to say that I agree with how therapeutic this is. One of the first things I do in the morning is go look at my raised beds. It has been a real thrill watching them grow.

Especially now that they are starting to produce edible size veggis and fruits.

I started with three this year , next year I am going to have at least eight so that I can actually have enough to dehydrate or can , instead of just a couple of meals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts