Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is finally completed and it only took about 4 years to do it all, from moving brush to cutting trails, laying rock and stone, and up to the water fall, pond and of course the troll bridge.... took me awhile but it is at last done. added a play house, and a jungle gym for the grandkids, and then added hundreds of plants for flowers nearly all year long. But the entire thing was not complete till we added a horse shoe pitching area. picture heavy.....

horseshoe pitching area

waterfall water controls

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I gotta do some additional work on the water fall controls... electrical issue in a pump..

also got some piles of brush that I missed when I was laying all of the black crushed stone on the paths.
There are trees laying in places as if they fell right there so as to keep it looking as peaceful as possible. Lots of deer come in here every morning and stay all day when it is warm out... they hide up under the trees.

I think i have an opossum in there but i am not sure... tracks look likeone but just not sure as yet...

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
well thanks! i'm finishing up my yard and stuff on my house i just built and "WAS" feeling pretty good about it. now i have much more to do.lol especially love the wood work.

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am pretty proud of how it all turned out...bossmamma just told me how she wanted it and i did the rest...

The troll bridge took a long time to cut all the railing and get it set in concrete on the ends. After that all the design was done with a router and a table saw. The stain was amahogany mix, and i was honestly surpried at how the color faded into what we have now.
It is so quiet in there among all the trees, and now that the canal has some water in it, we can make it alot nicer... plan on adding some additional wild plants that grow in them ountains around here. Stuff to draw in honey bees and more wildlife.

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am likely the worst mechanic in the world, but working in wood is a passion of mine...and believe it or not, I actually like planting flowers and things, even though I complain about it.... :D:

working on an oak bed frame...foot and headboard to go along with this hickory fireplace mantle that i built last year...

We both laid the tile in the wall for htis and did the floor tile in front of it...lot of work but so worth it to have even a gas fireplace in the master on a cold night...

1 - 20 of 83 Posts