Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just your basic Delton sport, fresh out of the box. I have a Magpul Rear flip up sight coming, and other future plans.

Update with Magpul Rear Sight

Del-Ton Inc said:
The DT Sport has a mil-spec forged 7075 T6 Aluminum Upper receiver hard coat anodized with a mil-spec round Forward Assist. The lower receiver is mil-spec forged 7075 T6 Aluminum, hard coat anodized with semi-auto trigger. Both the carrier and bolt are mil-spec, the carrier is phosphate 8620 Steel with chrome lined interior, the key is properly sealed and staked and the bolt is Carpenter 158.

·
Klaatu Brarada Nikto
791 Posts
Magpul flip up should be in the mail today.
You do know these are 'BACK-UP' sights don't you?.....and crappy ones at that. :rofl:

The only review I read about them said they were the worst of the BUIS sights out there......good luck sticking to your budget.....and hitting your target. :upsidedown:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You do know these are 'BACK-UP' sights don't you?.....and crappy ones at that. :rofl:

The only review I read about them said they were the worst of the BUIS sights out there......good luck sticking to your budget.....and hitting your target. :upsidedown:
You got nothing good to say about anything do you?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
The magpul will function, it may not be your best option. Try it and if it works for you, great. If not, it isn't the end of the world. FIrst things first, get it out and shoot it.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Looks good!

From what I have seen, Del-ton has always been a quality, but not a big name company. They offer their rifle kits at a fair price and seem to be built well.

How does the gas key staking look?

·
Klaatu Brarada Nikto
791 Posts
I was also thinking about getting in the future the Magpul Moe Handguard, I suppose that is probably crap also. :rolleyes:
No, actually they are very nice and are perfect for the budget-minded, I had them on both of my ARs at one point, while I was still using uppers with the normal AR front sight base.

Magpul makes a lot of great stuff, I've just not heard anything good about their back-up sights....not real crazy about the magazine pulls and their ranger plates either, but it's not like they don't make them correctly.....it's just I don't see a use for them on my gear.

Magpul made an excellent rifle too....until they sold the rights to it to Bushmaster....before Bushmaster became Windom.

BTW, I've got a lot of 'good' to say but you'll have to read the threads where someone is talking about their Palmetto, BCM, LMT, COLT Larue, Knights or Noveske ARs (as well as a few select 'others'). Once you've had your AR for awhile you'll start to see that most of the advice I (along with a number of others that you've chosen to ignore) have given to you is sound advice....you just don't know it yet.

I really don't mind giving advice to the noobs, mostly because about 3 years ago I was in your shoes wasting money....while trying to save some. As an example, I went through 3 sets of iron sights (and 3 different optic) before I settled on a high grade set of BUIS night sights (and a quality scope).

In short, most of us that have provided you with advice have walked in your shoes, we're just trying to shorten your journey to getting the right set up for your rifle.....without you having to spend any more money than needed to get there. Consider any criticism as a 'tough love' session....we love you....and we keep trying to turn the lights on so you're not in the dark.

If you think it's tough here, go to the M4carbine forum and start talking about your Delton AR.....then duck. :thumb:

·
المتخلف&
5,508 Posts
I was also thinking about getting in the future the Magpul Moe Handguard, I suppose that is probably crap also. :rolleyes:
No, but it's like putting a leather interior in a yugo. The decision to cut costs on the initial rifle purchase, and then tacticool it up with hundreds of dollars of exterior mods just seems silly to me, but I guess I am the exception these days. :upsidedown::(:taped:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No, but it's like putting a leather interior in a yugo. The decision to cut costs on the initial rifle purchase, and then tacticool it up with hundreds of dollars of exterior mods just seems silly to me, but I guess I am the exception these days. :upsidedown::(:taped:
I would think the MOE handguard is far from Tacticool. Its not a bulky quadrail, which I dont want. I dont want to be able to hang 15 lights, red dots, and what not off it. Literally in the future I want to put a foregrip possibly.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
AR's are so interchangeable these days that it hardly matters what the name is on the receiver.

Go ahead put whatever stocks you want on your AR. You can always take it off and put it on a different AR later.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.