Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the end of a geology retreat, our conversations revolved around an EMP. We discussed short distance (size of a house) EMPs that we can make (though illegal, from disposable cameras) and I brought up the possibility of larger EMPs being released over major cities or communication byways. Then the other science teachers I was with turned on me saying that they hoped I wasn't a prepper or had a bunker. (Liberals, right?) I told them that the closest thing I had to a bunker was my diving gear and septic tank. Needless to say, this got the laughing and directed the pressure away from me.

Tell me your bunker stories or provide pics!

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
I personally don't believe in bunkers unless you can afford to build the bomb shelter equivalent and put in all the features to make it a viable, self-sufficient, location.

These include protective measures, defensive measures, more than one way in and out, etc.

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
17,555 Posts
Those guys suck. I would expect someone who teaches geology to have a grasp of history.
The Earth has been impacted by many, many natural event that would devastate modern society.
Everything from solar CMEs, earthquake, volcanoes, and lots of asteroid impacts.
You chances of survival during any of these would be improved by owning very strong structure to protect you.

·
Forward, into the fray!
3,682 Posts
Really, I had no idea geologists went on retreats. I mean you spend your work time out in the wild tramping all over looking at rocks and ridges hoping some wandering Native American doesn't steal the ATV you left just beyond the last valley. Who needs a retreat away from that?

(That's what one of my sons did for two summers working for some geology company, and yes some silly Indian stole his ATV left out in the middle of nowhere, forcing him to walk seven miles back to the truck.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.