Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
It's never far from me. Holds 200 gallons of diesel. Has shelter, food, sleeping gear, cooking gear, it's own generator(APU), fridge and cooler, power supply, AC and heat and can haul a crap load of crap. :thumb:
I think you mean can haul a truckload of crap . . .

Can't diss your choice in a BOV, I wish I had one

·
Registered
965 Posts
nice, would be awesome for a bov definitely woulnt run out of room for gear or have to worry about too much weight to haul. If u can pull with all 8 weels then it would probably get around ok offroad as long as it wasnt too crazy. Def not gonna be crawling offroad though lol

·
Registered
enough to sleep well at night
4,734 Posts
Waste of precious feul when you can not buy any more, for your Departure from a event that Triggers Leaving before the SHTF.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice, would be awesome for a bov definitely woulnt run out of room for gear or have to worry about too much weight to haul. If u can pull with all 8 weels then it would probably get around ok offroad as long as it wasnt too crazy. Def not gonna be crawling offroad though lol
Yeah, rock crawling probably out of the question, though I could load up my 4x4 pickup and take it with me if at home. :thumb:

Not sure, but think some may miss that fact that this is a little tongue in cheek.:D:

I am in my BOV quite a bit (working) and it's ready to go as long as I'm in it. If I need to get out of a city, I'm good to go, no packing up, just turn the key. :)

·
Learning
6,730 Posts
Doubt he will be able to push many out of the way with a fiberglass hood and fenders and a radiator right there.

Also, by 8 wheel drive you mean your rear most axles can both be locked in? The clearer way to put it would be your truck is a 4x6...otherwise my 6x6 deuce and a half would be called a 10 wheel drive which is somewhat misleading. The military has a 10 wheel drive (10x10) it is called a PLS.

200 gallons of fuel is substantial, but the better question is...what is your range? If your rig only gets 4-6 mpg then at most your range is 1200 miles. My suburban on the highway gets 19mpg and has a 42 gallon tank...without much effort I could get to a 1200 mile range too.

I'm not knocking your job or your choice of vehicle, just trying to bring logical clarity to the discussion of BOV's

·
Learning
6,730 Posts
I doubt you have one of those and if you do, tell me how to get one. I have been in love with those for forever!
Log onto govliquidation and set up an account, about 1 a year comes out...it will need lots of restoration. Or visit Ted's Trucks and Stuff in Alabama, supposedly he has got a couple (rough shape and high priced).

There are others out there restored and ready, think big money!

Just about anything can be had though, for the right price. I know a guy with a hemtt wrecker (sold him some hemtt rims I had) and it is my understanding that he just purchased a PLS (think 10x10 instead of the 8x8 hemtt)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts