Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
229 Posts
This is my home built Bug Out Pod. Sleeps 3, plenty of storage and easy to pull with small P/U. It was fairly cheap to build and I think it will be great in case of SHTF! Thanks for looking.:thumb:
Maybe think about killing that tag number, unless you want anyone to know who you are, think about future post, Que No?

Oh, but yea I like the trailer.

·
Prepared Gourmet
2,964 Posts
I love teardrops! If I could build something like that I would do it. Great job.

Are you going to install the almost requisite 'kitchen' in the back area or just use it for storage?

As long as you don't have to go off road when bugging out, that should work fine for a few days of bunking out away from home. Not sure how it will do for long term however but worth a shot I guess.

By 'sleeping 3' I hope you mean 1 adult and 2 small kids? Many are tight for even 2 adults. Is yours a 5' or 4' (wide)?

You might want to repaint in some less visible colour if you are considering it for shtf bug out (in anything other than a white winter) - camo maybe?

·
A country boy can survive
336 Posts
Working on a teardrop frame now. Got free plans from the tiny teardrops and travel trailers forum (similar to the "weekender). Got a "free" boat trailer frame that I am building a new axle and springs for. So far I have a rolling chassis with new tires, wheels, springs, all galvanized frame for a total investment of $155 plus cutting a guys yard for the trailer. I'm going to use the non-porous Linex bedliner material in Olive green to paint and waterproof once done. Floor is 3/4" treated ply with scrap linoleum over it, sides are 1/2" ply with 1 1/2 foam board insulation and 2x2 (1 1/2x1 1/2 dimensionally) framing. That's as far as I've gotten. I'm using larger tires and wheels for offroad ability.

t2e

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love teardrops! If I could build something like that I would do it. Great job.

Are you going to install the almost requisite 'kitchen' in the back area or just use it for storage?

As long as you don't have to go off road when bugging out, that should work fine for a few days of bunking out away from home. Not sure how it will do for long term however but worth a shot I guess.

By 'sleeping 3' I hope you mean 1 adult and 2 small kids? Many are tight for even 2 adults. Is yours a 5' or 4' (wide)?

You might want to repaint in some less visible colour if you are considering it for shtf bug out (in anything other than a white winter) - camo maybe?
No kitchen plans just gear storage. This one is 54 inches wide inside and sleeps my wife, my 4yr old and me ok. Will be painting soon.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Working on a teardrop frame now. Got free plans from the tiny teardrops and travel trailers forum (similar to the "weekender). Got a "free" boat trailer frame that I am building a new axle and springs for. So far I have a rolling chassis with new tires, wheels, springs, all galvanized frame for a total investment of $155 plus cutting a guys yard for the trailer. I'm going to use the non-porous Linex bedliner material in Olive green to paint and waterproof once done. Floor is 3/4" treated ply with scrap linoleum over it, sides are 1/2" ply with 1 1/2 foam board insulation and 2x2 (1 1/2x1 1/2 dimensionally) framing. That's as far as I've gotten. I'm using larger tires and wheels for offroad ability.

t2e
Sounds like you have a good start! When you go get doors and windows try a RV salvage yard. I got my doors and windows for dirt cheap $75 or so. Goodluck on your project.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.