Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband has been very good about letting me prepare (horde) for what may come. He stopped teasing me about it several months ago. He has even added a few items (his essentials) to our stash.

But.....The other day we were in town. He had come down with a really bad headach and he turns to me and asks, "Did you put your backpack in the trunk?"

YES!

"Of course, I did Honey. Do you need some ibprofine?"

So we go to the trunk and I am going through my BOB, and Honey sees something else he wants. He sees my bag of JERKY! Ya, I let him have it to munch on.

Then he asks for some water. Well I didn't have any in the car, because it gets hot. He informed me that we are going to get some bottled water to put in the car.

Honey is becoming comfortable with my prepping. It feels good. Well I'm off to the store to get some more jerky and some bottled water.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Slowly, slowly, slowly!
When they see the need, they pay attention>

My child bride, is a case in point..
a few years back, she had to go to this house to deliver something to one of the ladies that works w/her.
House access road went thru an orange grove, read sand, deep sand.

Turned out the lady wasn't home (She and hubby have 4x4's) and she tried digging out with a 1'x6" piece of board.

I was heading back in from out of town, when she finally got me on the cell.

Seeeing how it was close to 100 and she was in a dress and flats, she was really close to passing out.

I asked her why she didn't get water out of the emergency pack, I'd made for her.

After emptying one of my water bottles, it sort of came out she though it took up to much room (Town Car) in the trunk.

We no longer have the TC, but you can bet the ranch, the bag is in the car!

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
As a side note, we have AAA and they wouldn't come out since it was way off any kind of road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts