Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well im 14 and ive worked on my BOB for a little bit of time now and i thought id show it off. My pack is the MOLLE 3 day pack, black, with internal frame and place for hydration bladder. I will appreciate suggestions however i will not slim down anything. i work on the basic principle id rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.I am also in the process of picking up some sort of survival manual. Im am a rather small guy but i have great endurance after running cross country for a few years so the weight does not phase me and to tell you the truth im not sure how much it actually is.Thanks

Overall

Tools

various folders
S&W boot knife
hunting knife
dive knife
united dagger
muela
elcheop survival knife
m-7 bayonet
gerber protegy (below)
Kabar USMC fighter
Kabar heavy bowie
saw
cold steel machete
tomahawk
shovel(above)

Fire

assorted Bics
waterproof matches
carmex
zippo
zippo fuel
zippo flints
Mre gel fuel
metal match
wood fire starters
cold weather accessories

beanie
leather gloves
noth face gloves
ropes

550 cord
jute
hunting tools

broken down bow
co2 revolver
Remington 870 express 12 gauge shotgun

Camo

full bdu's
boonie
water proof bag cover
camo tarp

sleeping bag

swiss gear 0 degree mummy bag

Food

homemade mre
mre entries (acquiring soon)

OTHER

nalgene
binoculars
fishing kit
electrical tape
first aid
snare wire
boot laces
led flashlight
mini mag light
angle head
hand sanitizer
bungee cord
pancho
emergency blanket
pistol belt
mess kit
rain gear

·
Registered
226 Posts
Great pack!!! This has some pretty cool stuff. My hunting weapon of choice is my .22 rifle, but I think that the Co2 revolver is an awesome, compact idea. And I also see that you're a fellow zippo fan! :)

·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well ive been accumulating gear for a pretty long time now due to my love for the outdoors. and i worked a job like anyone else could. but instead of buying new school clothes i bought this stuff

·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will admit i have many knives...but i love them to much and they weigh near to nothing so for me its no big deal.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Good job. YOu will find that your kit will change over time with you. Review it periodically and update what you have. If you don't buy video games you can afford a lot of stuff. You may not need as many knives in your kit. think about making backup smaller kits in case your main one is gone for some reason. As far as MRE main dishes be sure to store them in a cool place. Their shelf life is dramatically reduced in heat. Kept cool they should be good to go for at least 4 to 5 years from date of mfg.

Good job. keep letting us hear from you.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Good job. YOu will find that your kit will change over time with you. Review it periodically and update what you have. If you don't buy video games you can afford a lot of stuff. You may not need as many knives in your kit. think about making backup smaller kits in case your main one is gone for some reason. As far as MRE main dishes be sure to store them in a cool place. Their shelf life is dramatically reduced in heat. Kept cool they should be good to go for at least 4 to 5 years from date of mfg.

Good job. keep letting us hear from you.
+1.

I can't even imagine what this little fellow would have once he turns 18. He is obviously better prepared than 98% of the people in the U.S.

OP,

You need not carry that many knives to bug out even though they do look cool. You need to list them by categories and may consider a long ax from Gerber, which can serve as a fighter tool as well. If you haven't find out alright, you need to check out military bayonet from the World Wars eras. They are very well built and can be had much cheaper than modern long knives.

As for flashlight, try to focus on types that use modern LEDs and common batteries such as AA and AAA; the CR123 is great but less than .001% of the population has it; I think one in 100 thousands people know about them and very few household has them so you can't scavenge during SHTF. Think I am Legend and you get the idea that resupplying means scavenging.

As soon as you turn 18, get yourself an AK47, 10 mags, and 5000 rds of ammo. It is your friend.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I would also remove some of the knives. I would keep:
- Machete
- saw
- ka-bars
- folder
I would add a few light weight but sharp Moras and propably one multitool

It´s interesting that people recommend communist AK47 over AR15. (I prefer AK also beeing more trustable and cheaper) :D:

Good kit anyway!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Thug go to wally world get an affordable first aid kit. So far so good. I sat my BOB down and checked my knife, ax, machete, saw sharpness and lastly my honing stones. I liike knives also.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Consider some type of stove such as an esbit or a home made soda can alcohol stove.
Spare batteries in all the correct sizes. Plenty of spare co2 carts. Didn't see a spool of fishing line. I assume it's in the kit somewhere. Also consider getting some kind of first aid book or learning more about it.

·
HOPE4BEST&PREP4WORST
493 Posts
Hey Ak47Thug are you referring to battery size CR123 or is this a LED flashligt. I did a search for CR123 and only found batteries. Quote " As for flashlight, try to focus on types that use modern LEDs and common batteries such as AA and AAA; the CR123 is great but less than .001% of the population has it; I think one in 100 thousands people know about them and very few household has them so you can't scavenge during SHTF. Think I am Legend and you get the idea that resupplying means scavenging."

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Great pack!!! This has some pretty cool stuff. My hunting weapon of choice is my .22 rifle, but I think that the Co2 revolver is an awesome, compact idea. And I also see that you're a fellow zippo fan! :)
i have that same c02 pistal leaks like crazy now and its not even 1 year old used to be good till it started to leak alot.. dont use it anymore because of that..

and you shouldnt need that many knifes i would take 2 folders 2 fixed blades of same size and get a better axe the one you have is kind of small.. the machet is not a bad idea.. the only thing is i perfure a good axe over a machet personaly its geting into the bush thats when you normally need it but once you in it usally thins out between the trees

·
Backpacker I Adventurer
1,031 Posts
Nice kit, but seriously. Do you really need that many knives? lol. Wow it's like a broken record. How much does your pack weight total?

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
Wow wee gang. How many c02 cannisters are you taking? Is it proportionate to the knives? :D: I'm glad you aren't blowing money on useless consumer stuff however, interesting thread!

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Sega,

Nice kit, Smart Kid, but don't let this consume you.

As a parent, my main concern is being able to ensure my family can survive. It's easy to read these forums and get totally consumed and before you know it you're part of the tin foil hat brigade. Keep your balance between being a teenager and being prepared.

It's good to be prepared. Most adults out there are not thinking about these things.

Where do your parents stand as far as being prepared?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Nice kit. You even thought about packing extra toes (picture #2):D:

Suggestion for the food though--ditch the wolf brand chili. Until you get some MRES for your pack, I suggest some Dinty Moore beef stew or some CompleteEats. They are cheap, taste a hellava lot better than the canned chili and are dirt cheap.

Keep the knives---just not all of them in your pack. You will know best over time which ones you need/use most vs the ones that you just like.

Great start though!

·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
like i said up top idk how much it weighs. not to much though.

i carry at least 10 co2 canisters for an over night stay and its around 30 good shots from one so im good with that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts