Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I finaly got to shoot my AR-15 kit gun. This is a full upper from Black Thorn ( www.akpartskits.com ) and an Essential Arms ( www.essentialarms.com ) lower receiver. I didnt have any trouble with the AR it ran with wolf ammo no problems. The only problem of the day besides cold was with my camera not wanting to zoom or stop recording lol.

The AR was fun to shoot the recoild didnt feel as much as I did with my AK.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey no problem I had fun shooting it and enjoyed ever second of it except for the camera problem.

I did take it apart and clean it tonight didnt look to dirty with wolf ammo. I tried to cycle a round throught and it wont eject so not sure what I did wrong. I think I now know why I like my AK a little better lol.

I guess I will take it to a gunsmith if I cant figure it out.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, I envy you, being able to shoot in the back yard. I recently ordered three essential arms lowers. One for me, my nephew, and a friend.
Hey sounds like you will have a few builds going there. Thats nice to do for yourself and family. I wish I could shoot in my back yard without going to jail lol. This was done at my grandmothers in West Virginia.

I wanted to shoot at a longer distance but some hunters came in that rent out my uncles cabin and the three other places for me to shoot would have put me where they might be. I didnt want to take a chance of hurting them and not really knowing where they where my only choice was on the side of the house in the parking area.

I had fun doing it not sure whats wrong with my camera I have to take it back to be repaired it wouldnt pan out. My unlce was filming and I belive he missed my first few shots.

After looking at the target I was a little ever where on it and the size of the holes didnt do much for me. The AK my first time shooting it and seeing what it did makes me rethinking of grabbing the AR in a SHTF deal I think my AK is the go to gun.

·
Certifiable
723 Posts
Yeppers the AR makes smaller holes but it makes them where you want them. The Marines qualify at 200, 300, and 500 yards with the AR with iron sights, now try that with an AK.

I would rather be missed five times with a 7.62x39 than hit once by a 5.56. :D:

Semper Fi

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeppers the AR makes smaller holes but it makes them where you want them. The Marines qualify at 200, 300, and 500 yards with the AR with iron sights, now try that with an AK.

I would rather be missed five times with a 7.62x39 than hit once by a 5.56. :D:

Semper Fi

True very true. I didnt shoot it this time to check accuracy or anything I just fired to test it out if any jams or any other problems. I will be buying I think brass ammo from now on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts