Survivalist Forum banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
11,766 Posts
I think the Vortex is a step up from the SIG. Id rather have the battery life than the shake awake too. Leaving it 24/7, 50K hours is about a year.

What gun are you putting this on again? I like the red dots cowitnessed with the sights if you can do it.
The shop owner said I would like it, the features were almost identical to the Romeo 5. I'm leaving the riser on the scope so I can use the existing sight. The gun is a Ruger PC9 carbine. I have a 9 MM bore sight and want to have it roughed in before I go to the outdoor range. I would like to have both sight systems play well together.

·
What hell, pay attention
9,257 Posts
You may want to try it with and without the riser and see what works best. As Steve mentioned, the closer you get to a cowitness, the better the cheek weld you will get and the gun will shoulder and shoot more naturally.

I think you're going to find too, that once you get used to the red dot, you wont be using the irons much, if at all. So they just end up in the background. I would make sure they are zeroed, and then mount the dot as close to their sight plane as I could, even if it doesn't cowitness. If that doesn't work for you, you can always put the riser back on.

I just have a feeling the riser is going to put it too high, as its meant for the AR's.

Reactions: Iamfarticus
61 - 62 of 62 Posts