Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Run Silent, Run Dark
1,092 Posts
Own the HP 45 acp PCC. Operates well on almost any ammo except with aluminum Blazer. Very accurate inside of 75 yards. Have the JHP pistol, too. Not a fan of the pistol's size and feel. Shoots ok. Downsides: 9 rd cap mag, heavy, & ugly as sin. Upsides: cheap, accurate, & durable.

People at the range lined up to shoot it. After shooting and hitting the targets, 4 out of 4 firearm experts said it was junk. OK.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
No clue if it's true,just something from the net..but..10 round mags avoid the hassle of different state laws that limit it.
Tom Deebs was the guy that started and ran the company. When the 9mm carbine was used at Columbine, he decided he was NEVER going to make a “high capacity” magazine. The new owner is willing to sell 20 rounders through. He was part of the original company, Tom sold to him about a decade ago, moved to Texas, and died a few years ago.

·
Jackpine Savage
7,574 Posts
Tom Deebs was the guy that started and ran the company. When the 9mm carbine was used at Columbine, he decided he was NEVER going to make a “high capacity” magazine. The new owner is willing to sell 20 rounders through. He was part of the original company, Tom sold to him about a decade ago, moved to Texas, and died a few years ago.
I have a couple of the donkey dong mags like the OP has and while I like how they look on the bullpup they sure don't do the TS stock any favors. Course looks don't mean much as long as they work right?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
I have a couple of the donkey dong mags like the OP has and while I like how they look on the bullpup they sure don't do the TS stock any favors. Course looks don't mean much as long as they work right?
Due to the fact that the mag is in the grip the extended mag will not look good in any stock configuration IMO. If your looking for your firearm to win a beauty contest this weapon is not for you. That leaves more out there for Me, Pota and others looking for a good weapon that is affordable. I kinda like the fact that it is ugly. Hopefully the front handle I have on order will at least balance out the ugly a little.
Plant Working animal Grass Terrestrial animal Natural landscape

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Own the HP 45 acp PCC. Operates well on almost any ammo except with aluminum Blazer. Very accurate inside of 75 yards. Have the JHP pistol, too. Not a fan of the pistol's size and feel. Shoots ok. Downsides: 9 rd cap mag, heavy, & ugly as sin. Upsides: cheap, accurate, & durable.

People at the range lined up to shoot it. After shooting and hitting the targets, 4 out of 4 firearm experts said it was junk. OK.
Same,2 of the 45 pcc,so had to get the handgun to match.The carbines bring a smile,the handgun is just boringly reliable and 'clunky".

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Great little fun guns with some practical uses too. I got mine (995 TS-FG) about 9 years ago although mine is still pretty high speed low drag wearing only a red dot sight. I am not impressed with the extended mags so I am still rocking the factory 10 shot mags. But then again, I bought mine to have a pistol caliber truck gun to plink with that I wouldnt feel too guilty if I negelected it a bit. Thus far its fit the bill just fine even if it doesnt score me many cool points at the range with the fellas.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
The mags are straight garbage on these things. I emailed them years ago and told them to use Glock mags instead, and they would sell five times as many. Crickets.

You get what you pay for.

The Ruger PC is a few dinner outings with the family more expensive but much better gun.
A local gun shop had a sale on the Ruger, I said, what the heck yesterday and got one. I had a $200 gift card anyways. Within the box is the Glock mag well, which I think is neat since I have plenty of Glock magazines on hand.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
I still have to hit the range with the Ruger. Where I bought it, they were trying to steer me into a $500 Holosun red dot pistol-style scope for it. I'm looking for something for 1/2 of that. In NY we're lucky to find any gun with a mag that is not pinned.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Due to the fact that the mag is in the grip the extended mag will not look good in any stock configuration IMO. If your looking for your firearm to win a beauty contest this weapon is not for you. That leaves more out there for Me, Pota and others looking for a good weapon that is affordable. I kinda like the fact that it is ugly. Hopefully the front handle I have on order will at least balance out the ugly a little.
View attachment 440550
Hi Points in general are so ugly, I guess you wouldn't feel bad about pistol whipping someone or using them to prop up cars when your jacks are too short, etc.

(y)

·
Retired Army
5,676 Posts
I had a high point but, after getting my AR9, I sold it. Magazine capacity, ergonomics, etc. There was no doubt the AR9 ruled.
I don't hate HP but,...

Al

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
So do any of you have a 9mm carbine that can shoot 2" groups at 50 yards?
My Ruger won't.
My old 1st gen Sub2k would do about that, but I sold it for like $700 like 10 years ago or so when the last Assault Weapons ban was being threatened. The owner reached out to me after and expressed his happiness with the gun. Have you tried quality self-defense HP ammo?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
My old 1st gen Sub2k would do about that, but I sold it for like $700 like 10 years ago or so when the last Assault Weapons ban was being threatened. The owner reached out to me after and expressed his happiness with the gun. Have you tried quality self-defense HP ammo?
I tried many bullet weights and brands. I do have dies and supplies so I might reload a few different loads and try them but I doubt it will help.
I bought the ruger carbine and the Ruger Security 9 pistol and the pistol is exceptionally accurate while carbine is poor. I can hit better with the pistol at 50 yards than the carbine.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts