Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
The mags are straight garbage on these things. I emailed them years ago and told them to use Glock mags instead, and they would sell five times as many. Crickets.

You get what you pay for.

The Ruger PC is a few dinner outings with the family more expensive but much better gun.
A local gun shop had a sale on the Ruger, I said, what the heck yesterday and got one. I had a $200 gift card anyways. Within the box is the Glock mag well, which I think is neat since I have plenty of Glock magazines on hand.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
I still have to hit the range with the Ruger. Where I bought it, they were trying to steer me into a $500 Holosun red dot pistol-style scope for it. I'm looking for something for 1/2 of that. In NY we're lucky to find any gun with a mag that is not pinned.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I was looking at some and wanted to keep it around $200 or so. I have a few eBay sellers I buy from and will start there once I narrow it down. I'm going to start with the iron sights first.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
I have to go out later to a gun shop. I had read up on red dots and the Sig Sauer Romeo 5 kept coming up. I'll ask for some advice at the shop too. I can always move the scope to one of my shotguns if I don;t care for it.

I have installed the Glock mag well the other day and picked up some Magpul magazines for it.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Both shops I went to were out of the Romeo 5 red dots. And they were at least $50 over any online price I saw. I was steered to a Vortex Crossfire CF-RD2 red dot. The shop owner said it was comparable to the one I wanted. It was $149. He suggested leaving the riser on it so I could use the existing sights.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
I think the Vortex is a step up from the SIG. Id rather have the battery life than the shake awake too. Leaving it 24/7, 50K hours is about a year.

What gun are you putting this on again? I like the red dots cowitnessed with the sights if you can do it.
The shop owner said I would like it, the features were almost identical to the Romeo 5. I'm leaving the riser on the scope so I can use the existing sight. The gun is a Ruger PC9 carbine. I have a 9 MM bore sight and want to have it roughed in before I go to the outdoor range. I would like to have both sight systems play well together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts