Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been working on this Little Chiappa and finally had time to finish it. The handguard was made from 6061 aluminum and mounts with factory rail screw holes as well as two barrel collars. It is very rigid and allowed me to mount my optic and way better open sights. They are CVA durabright sights and they fit the 1" tube perfectly.

Attachments

·
Start up the rotors
7,655 Posts
Nice work. What's your intended use?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't really have a specific use for it. It is mainly just a light camp gun for small game and varmints, though turkeys are legal with rimfire rounds. I modified it mainly because the factory sights are terrible and it was fun and different. My wife hates it because i have to tinker with everything I own.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I may look around at the gun show for one of these. The threaded barrel interests me for backyard plinking. It's a little short for me, I wonder if one could add some wood to the butt pate to make it a bit longer?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a very short rifle. But I really have no problem getting a good sight picture as the stock comes from the factory. There is a little adjustment though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have also saw people pull off the plastic butt and make a butt plate from metal. You have to thread the two stock wires as i understand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts