Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We out hunting for my 20th birthday on 17th july, with the hubby and Brother. Sorry for leaving it so late sharing about my day. :eek::. Its was an amazing day, got a few Kangaroo's and also wristled a wobat!! I mean not many Australia's can say they wristled a wobat!! Plus got to skin and gutt my first roo's too, WOOPA :D:. So it was an outstanding weekend.

Hope you all enjoy photo's, as much as i enjoyed my day.

All geared up and ready to go!!

first one for the day (my brother)

Brother and hubby, brother grossed out, haha

what was left...

skinning and gutting my first roo:D:

WOMBAT WRESTLING!!

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,892 Posts
Awesome.......:thumb:

Thanks for sharing!

·
Your move Sparky...
7,782 Posts
WOW! I am amazed at how little I know about your country. I never knew you could eat Roo. And just exactly what is a Wombat anyway? Uh, and why would you wrestle it, it looks like it could bite your head off.

Thanks for the pics, those are neat!

·
Registered
947 Posts
lucky. I always wanted to hunt kangaroo but never considered wrestling a wombat, dont think I would if i got the chance lol

ahh I still got over a month till my hunting starts up/

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, you can eat Roo and it is a very fine meat to eat, very healthy like deer, low in fat and high in protain. Your welcome to come over, hunt Roo and ill make some Roo, its very yummy, a favourite for everyone.

Wombats are large burrowing mammals, they are around 40kg (so around a large dog in wieght) and if you give them a chance, they will happly take off a hand. However, they are very hard to come by, as they are a very timid animal.

Im located in Tasmania, the bottom of Australia, its very different from the top end of Australia. Were its very dry, and flat, and is parts not really livable. In Tasmania it gets freezing (well to us anyways, haha) were we are located and snows in winter. But, it still gets very hot of a summer time as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts