Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
war comin, choose a side
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a new documentary coming on HBO. It is called, "Superheroes". It is about people that dress up as superheroes and "save" the city. These people are firm believers in what they do. It is hilarious!!! Mall Ninja Galore. Watch it.

Showings: Saturday 8/27 @ 4:30pm (HBO2 east), Saturday 8/27 @ 7:30pm (HBO2 west) Monday 8/29 @ 12:00pm (HBO Signature)

Has anyone seen this yet? What is your take on the average citizen fighting crime in this manner? Did you find this documentary entertaining?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Saw it.

Read it. "Master Legend" was written up in a pulp magazine a year ago.

These people are basically delusional, but good natured. They aren't hurting asnybody (yet), but I'm sure we will read about one of thses guys being in the wrong place at the wrong time, one of these days.

I had emotions of "sad", "pathetic" and yet somehow "hopefull" that there was this type of idealization still left in the world.

I think if I felt the need to directly intervene I would do it with a straight face, no costume. I've done it often, when the opportunity presents itself. I don't go out seeking opportunities though. I indirectly intervene all the time, ie; charity, volunteering, etc.

·
war comin, choose a side
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@jedi: i have too also intervened when and if the situation has called for it. I just never felt the need to wear a costume. Yeah some of those folk seemed to have issues to say the least. Some were doing good for the outreach in the community, some seemed to try to fulfill comic book fantasies, and the one guy seemed to just drink alcohol constantly. What i liked the most were some of the" weaponry", hopefully they will not run into someone who has more than a flashlight or a so called, ironfist.

Sometimes the worst thing is the indifference of good men. Which was part of the problem with the kitty genovese murder. Atleast these people are attempting to do something, even if they arent going about it in the correct manner. I found it comical though. Maybe that was just me. Well i guess comic books are comical? :)

·
war comin, choose a side
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@poppaluv: thats the truth if i have ever heard it. Atleast when/if a full scale collapse happens be it social, economic, or whatever, we will atleast be able to take back our streets. These days people are running rampant. And lets not even get started on flash mobs. What about when some of them flash mob-ians decide it is a good idea to start carrying weapons? As of now we wouldnt be able to do anything because our justice system is so screwed the heroes become the criminals. I mean hell, there are already people shooting city buses because a lady didnt agree with what someone said about her childs discipline. Its crazy out there. And it is only going to get worse. Oh well a day will come when we can "clean up our streets", in a permanent way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts