Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What am I missing here?

I am clicking on moved posts to find them and getting a message that I must make 5 posts in the forum before I can read the post. What forum? I can't tell where the post went! I've made more then 5 posts on this site ... why can't I figure this out? :xeye:

Thanks!

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
What am I missing here?

I am clicking on moved posts to find them and getting a message that I must make 5 posts in the forum before I can read the post. What forum? I can't tell where the post went! I've made more then 5 posts on this site ... why can't I figure this out? :xeye:

Thanks!
Could be something that was moved to the trash which you don't have access to?
Let me know which thread you are trying to view and I will help.

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
ahh I had the same problem today with a Rocket Stove post that I was unable to view because I was under 5 posts (so it said)
That should not have been a problem. Let us know if it happens again and maybe Kev will have time to research it. After Christmas if it's not too big a problem?

·
DILIGENTIA VIS CELERITAS
727 Posts
I have had the same problem when I try to thank someone. Sometimes I can thank someone othertimes I get the error. Not sure why.

·
DILIGENTIA VIS CELERITAS
727 Posts
I just thanked prettypaisley. I got the error, the went to newposts, and the thanks showed up. Sorry If I am hijacking the the thread.

·
DILIGENTIA VIS CELERITAS
727 Posts
Yes, I got the message. But the thanks was given as I wished. I can deal with it. But I would thank alot more if that did not happen. Thanks for your concern.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
ahh I had the same problem today with a Rocket Stove post that I was unable to view because I was under 5 posts (so it said)
Members can see and view all threads and post, expect the VIP section. The message all of you are seeing is a generic error message.

The biggest complaint I get is when someon tries to access the VIP / Premium members section, get the error and then report it. When the whole time they just needed to read the sections description.

I just thanked prettypaisley. I got the error, the went to newposts, and the thanks showed up. Sorry If I am hijacking the the thread.
It would really nice if I knew "what" the error msg said.

·
DILIGENTIA VIS CELERITAS
727 Posts
Members can see and view all threads and post, expect the VIP section. The message all of you are seeing is a generic error message.

The biggest complaint I get is when someon tries to access the VIP / Premium members section, get the error and then report it. When the whole time they just needed to read the sections description.

It would really nice if I knew "what" the error msg said.
"You do not have permission to access this page"
Next line is you must have 5 or more posts. I tried to do a screen shot. It would not paste. Let me know if you need more detail.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
When you thank someone, you should not leave the page. What browser are you using? That script is called "Ajax" and that option needs to be enabled in your browser.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hmmm it's confusing then because it was a search result for me.
I typed in Rocket Stoves and found a bunch of posts and when I clicked one that was the message...so I wasn't knowingly in the VIP section but perhaps I was?

No clue.
But thanks anyways :)

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
Hmmm it's confusing then because it was a search result for me.
I typed in Rocket Stoves and found a bunch of posts and when I clicked one that was the message...so I wasn't knowingly in the VIP section but perhaps I was?

No clue.
But thanks anyways :)
Look over to the right before you click on your search result. You will see the forum it is in.

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
When you thank someone, you should not leave the page. What browser are you using? That script is called "Ajax" and that option needs to be enabled in your browser.

At the risk of sounding like the brain-drained mom that I am (lol), can anyone outline how to do this step-by-step? It's a very minor inconvenience, but it would be nice to be able to thank my fellow posters for something they post.

Thanks, bunkies! :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts