Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vilasrao Deshmukh, the chief minister of Mumbai, was reported to have said that two British-born Pakistanis were among eight gunmen seized by Indian commandos who stormed buildings to free hostages.

The Foreign Office said it was investigating reports on NDTV, a local television news channel, that the terrorists – who swarmed into luxury hotels and other tourist sites in the city – included "British citizens of Pakistani origin".

Jacqui Smith, the Home Secretary, said the Government had "no knowledge" of any British suspects.

"We will do anything we can to help Indian authorities through what is obviously a very difficult time," Miss Smith said. "We will do what is necessary. At the moment the priority is to support the immediate needs.

Earlier on Friday, Gordon Brown said he "would not want to be drawn into early conclusions" over the claims.

The Prime Minister called for international co-ordination to combat terrorism in the wake of the attacks, which he called "atrocious". He said: "We have got to look at how international action against terrorism can be improved."

"Obviously when you have terrorists operating in one country, they may be getting support from another country or coming from another country, and it is very important that we strengthen the co-operation between India and Britain in dealing with these instances of terrorist attacks," he told Sky News.

The Prime Minister's comments came as Indian commando troops cleared the last terrorists from buildings across Mumbai.

The troops killed at least two militants at the Trident Oberoi hotel, where police found 24 bodies. About 93 guests and staff – including two Britons and another clutching a baby – were rushed out and loaded into waiting cars, buses and ambulances.

JK Dutt, the director general of India's National Security Guard, said the hotel had been brought "under our control".

"We have killed two terrorists today," he said. "There was lots of firing, they also lobbed hand grenades. Some of them are unexploded, we are going to defuse them – you may hear some sound of explosions."

It is thought that more than 100 commandos entered the Taj Mahal hotel – in which a hostage situation was thought to have ended on Thursday – and gunfire and explosions have been heard. Police reported finding at least 30 bodies in one hall of the hotel.

Troops also stormed the Nariman House complex in the south of the city, which houses a Jewish group. A woman and a child were seen leaving the building after the commandos, who arrived in helicopters, abseiled down ropes to secure the building.

Mr Brown, who is to talk to Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh later on Friday, said he did not believe there were any further Britons among the hostages.

One Briton, Andreas Liveras, the founder of a luxury yacht business who was in his 70s, has been confirmed among the dead, while at least seven are known to have been injured.

Mr Brown said: "Of course, we are mourning the death of a British citizen who has died and as the high commissioner visits hospitals in the Mumbai area, we are hoping to discover more in terms of the number of people injured."

Mark Abell, a British lawyer, who on Thursday spoke to The Daily Telegraph while barricaded into his hotel room at the Oberoi, was among those released. He said: "I'm going home, I'm going to see my wife."

He added: "These people here have been fantastic, the Indian authorities, the hotel staff. I think they are a great advertisement for their country."

Another man, who said he was British but would not give his name, said: "I didn't see anything. I just heard loud blasts. I was in my room. I didn't get out until an hour ago."

Nicole Griffen, another Briton, said she had been rescued by Indian special forces from the Taj Mahal.

She told BBC Radio 5 Live: "They entered and looked through our passports and scouted around to see if there was (anyone) harbouring terrorists or attackers.

"And then we were promptly told where to go by the central stairway and again we were asked to wait with other guests while they checked other floors and checked other rooms and we all congregated into one space where they could protect us centrally."

A group calling itself Deccan Mujahideen has claimed responsibility for the attacks. However, Mr Singh blamed "external forces" for the violence - a phrase sometimes used to refer to Pakistani militants, whom Indian authorities often blame for attacks."

Pranab Mukherjee, the country's foreign minister, was more explicit. "According to preliminary information, some elements in Pakistan are responsible," he said.
SOURCE

I can say a thousand things right now, but choose to keep my mouth shut. :taped:

SOLIDUS

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
Here is an interesting take on the Mumbai events and the possible implications according to Mike Ruppert.

Mike Ruppert at his blog said:
http://mikeruppert.blogspot.com/2008/11/mumbai-and-collapse-of-industrialized.html

I do not know how many other corporations are affected; but they will be many, if not most of the Dow 30 and the Fortune 500. And I can tell you that on Friday morning, any customer or client of Citigroup, Symantec or Hewlett-Packard will be unable to get customer assistance over the phone. Warranty service for these corporations will stop. I know that because I have been through that horrible grind with all of them in the last year or so. All of their calls are taken in Mumbai, by Indians. Nothing is working in Mumbai and there can be no certainty when anything will be working. Because the attacks included the premier hotels in the financial district, no multi-national will ever trust the city again. The risk is too great. I can almost bet that the multinationals are all well prepared for attacks on their own facilities, but were totally unprepared for an attack that pulled the city out from under them.

I think many corporations also have data processing and IT centers there are well.

The Achilles tendon of globalization has just been severed.

Ordinarily, I would go out and start researching to see how bad the exposure is but I already know that it is catastrophic. The markets will do all our research and reporting very quickly for us.

Every head of state in the world with an IQ above 70 is right now living his or her worst nightmare.
And this is how The UK Telegraph sees the implications of the "terrorist" attack:

The UK Telegraph said:
Whoever designed the operations had another important Islamic tactic in mind: tabarra or exoneration.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/3532157/Mumbai-attacks-the-terrorists-tactics.html

This consists of separating the "outsider", in this case the British and American "infidel", from the community with the intent of blaming them for the ills of the world before sacrificing them. It was no accident that one of the places attacked was a Jewish centre, where gunmen seized a rabbi and several members of the congregation as hostages.

The loud message was that a small group of individuals could turn a megalopolis of almost 15 million inhabitants into a battlefield for at least a day.

**********************************************************************************************

To have pictures of burning Taj Hotel broadcast around the world will have a deeper impact than even perhaps the terrorists intended, striking a blow against a symbol of Indian wealth and progress and sending shivers down the spine of some of the richest and most powerful people on the planet.

·
high on truck stop coffee
17,644 Posts
Al Qaeda websites rejoice over Mumbai attacks..

Mumbai, 27 Nov. (AKI) - Al-Qaeda websites on Thursday were swamped with messages from people who were celebrating the devastating Mumbai attacks which have left over 100 people dead and 281 injured. "Oh Allah, destroy the Hindus and do it in the worst of ways," was one of the comments that appeared on Islamist forums on the Internet immediately after the attacks.

"The battle that is underway in Mumbai is a battle for Allah between its servants and the infidels," said another message published on the al-Falluja forum.

Several Al-Qaeda sites also posted several pictures of the victims in Mumbai and provocative statements.

Some media reports are saying that a group calling itself Deccan Mujahideen has claimed responsibility for the coordinated attacks, but this has not yet been confirmed.

http://www.adnkronos.com/AKI/English/Security/?id=3.0.2756280942

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
As far as i can see Muslims see themselves as muslims under muslim law and have no respect for any other law,they are not British as British would not be looking for Brits and Americans to kill as these scum bags were,so no they are not British and to say so is insulting to me and all true Englishmen.

Respect goes out to the Indian SF Marcos group also know as the Black cats whos motto is one shot one kill.

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
I feel the same way, and I'm not even British. :thumb:
You may not be British or English as i class myself but i see you as my brother and it makes me sick to the core to know that these scum bags were looking for Brits and Americans.

We need to go after this scum no holds barred as they have done us.

This is being felt all around the world and there could be a backlash that will set the world on fire and put all muslims in the firing line.

India is pointing the finger at Pakistan both of which have nukes then there is the talk that is going on in the UK by Indians here whos families have been effected by this.

Its just a matter of time before this hits the streets of the UK and be assured that there are more hindus and sikhs here than muslims,this could end up in a war on the streets of the UK especially were i live were there is a massive hindu and sikh population and muslim population.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I believe the angle of British as terrorists would be another false flag, not a British attack on India.

If I elaborate it would be considered "conspiracy theories". :rolleyes:

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Hindus in general are very pacifist. To think that 10 well trained young men did this kind of damage.
I agree but this will change,the black cat commandos are mostly hindus the thugis were hindu and there have been some vicious battles between hindus and muslims in india in recent years.

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
I believe the angle of British as terrorists would be another false flag, not a British attack on India.

If I elaborate it would be considered "conspiracy theories". :rolleyes:
Please elaborate i for one would like to here what you have to say.?????

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
British?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the article gave no more than that description did it? To the media an Arab speaks with an British accent then hes British. Sorry but I do not think so. Such a tricky stance to draw in a nationality. Correct me though but I think these were not native British men involved.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
British?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the article gave no more than that description did it? To the media an Arab speaks with an British accent then hes British. Sorry but I do not think so. Such a tricky stance to draw in a nationality. Correct me though but I think these were notnative British men involved.
A white man would never hurt another white man, I see your point.

If a man's Pakistani family has been in in the UK 3 generations is he native?

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts

May I give a view FXJohn, this is not a question for me but I shall say regardless. The issue is that their great grandparents brought with them cultural ties to Pakistan (like hating India) which, by way of insular ethnic segregational living, remains in today's legally naturalised British born pakistani origin people today. Not that segregation is practiced by only muslims, it is human wide admitedly. I've seen across Europe little villages with almost 100% British natives. We bring our cultural baggage too, seemingly. It's all down to genealogy really, when judging the strength of cultural ties to other countries and thereby sense of one nationality. In the end it really boils down to blood. In the case of the UK I like to put it at the 14th century, upto which there should be mostly anti inner British feelings (welsh,english, scots). After that and you probably have baggage from some other nation too and don't cut it.

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts

No im sorry but a pakistani of 3 genarations is not British.

Im anglo celtic so i am English or British because im anglo and the celts were one of the first peoples of this island.

True English are white i can trace my English family back to the domesday book and the celtic side back to the 16 centry,no pakistani can do that.

Now you can all start saying what you like but this is what i believe.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
No im sorry but a pakistani of 3 genarations is not British.

Im anglo celtic so i am English or British because im anglo and the celts were one of the first peoples of this island.

True English are white i can trace my English family back to the domesday book and the celtic side back to the 16 centry,no pakistani can do that.

Now you can all start saying what you like but this is what i believe.
sure and then you have "true English" like Richard Reid who attempted to light a bomb off in his shoe for al quaeda on an airplane. Being British is a state of mind not just melanin.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Does it not make you wonder with all the terrorist attacks occurring around the world, how we have managed not to have another one.

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
sure and then you have "true English" like Richard Reid who attempted to light a bomb off in his shoe for al quaeda on an airplane. Being British is a state of mind not just melanin.
Don't try to use vailed insults by calling richard reid a true Brit.:rolleyes:

Richard reid was half black and a muslim so how is he a true Brit.
You may find the concept of a true English man hard to understand because you come from a country based on imagration, a melting pot so to speak but for us are culture goes way back before America existed and islam.

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Does it not make you wonder with all the terrorist attacks occurring around the world, how we have managed not to have another one.
they will be coming there again soon enough,they think obama is a traitor to his muslim roots so they will be attacking the US again.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts