Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Adventurer
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago my family was in Helen camping and I realized that, since my house burned, I didn't have a decent carrying knife. Went into a few shops there to ask some of the guys about the knives to supplement my own knowledge, and they all seemed very adamant about the MTech's. I had seen a few before but I had no knowledge on how well they worked, how strong, etc. My father-in-law had just bought an MTech with a serrated edge, seat-belt cutter, and glass breaker and I thought it was pretty neat. Anyway, I glanced through a bunch of knives in my limited price range and found an Mtech with the same perks as my in-law's, except the blade was a tanto blade. I checked it out and it was already exceptionally sharp, 440 steel, a nifty silver camo blade :p etc. I figured for $12, what the heck, if anything, I'll use it until I need a better one. So far, though, I've been VERY impressed with it. Does anyone else have any experience or knowledge on these knives?

·
Cyberpunk
163 Posts
I have researched MTech knives and found they have higher ratings than the higher cost knives. They are a strong knife and have a nice price.

·
Adventurer
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome. I was curious because it was sharp enough to literally shave the back of my hand clean straight from when I bought it. Very satisfied so far with it.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Great designs and quality for the price.

The "Rub" is they are stolen designs made in Chiner.

Blade Purist detest them, but probably own a few.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts