Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying one of the XGK stoves. Has anyone experienced any problems with them or have any better recommendations?

·
Read Only
251 Posts
Good choice. They are almost bullet proof. I upgraded to the Dragonfly due to the simmer control. The 2 are very similar in construction. Have used my XGK for 15 years or more and other than routine maintenance, NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM. Go for it! You won't be disappointed.

Also have a Whisperlite I bought back in 1985. My son still uses it on his Boy Scout campouts.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have a Whisperlight International that I used for many years without any problems and about 2 years ago purchased the Dragonfly for more cooking control. If you are just boiling water the Whisperlight is great but is alot harder to control the flame if you want to fry eggs. The XGK is designed for boiling water at high altitudes and really doesn't give you the flame control that most people want. So if you like to cook, try the Dragonfly, if you want to boil water fast get the XGK. I feel that any of the MSR products are tough and worth purchasing. It just depends on how you plan to use them. MSR's website can help you decide what you want.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a whisperlite and a simmerlite msr stoves. they are quite reliable but they are hard to regulate the flames other than at the blow torch level.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts