Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hurricanes suck
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy ya'll from the MS gulf coast. I have been reading here for a few hours. Staying alive is a little hobby of mine. Katrina proved to my wife and I that it is a hobby with benefits. My wife came home from the hospital with our new son 12 hours before Katrina hit. I found myself woefully unprepaired.
While I was single I had a backpack that stayed packed. With the contents of this pack I had made it through 2winters homeless in South Dakota. Well when the time finally arrived I did'nt even have a weeks worth of food for my family. Not to mention diapers and baby formula. Now my wife is an ally rather than a PITA on the issue of survival. So here I am to learn what I can.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Welcome to our community - make yourself and home.

·
Pastor
1,965 Posts
Welcome and congradulations on the new addition to your family !

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Good to have you here!
Maybe post some of your hurricain experiences/obsevations??

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Welcome from NC

·
Registered
110 Posts
hello and welcome from pennsylvania, i had the pleasure of being in the MS gulf coast for hurricane camile back in 69 and i know it's a rude wakeup call, your in the right place to learn what you need to.

·
Prepared in NH
12,866 Posts
OP is 3 years old.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts