Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I'll fix it
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The rare free shipping with 2 case order special is on untill Mon night.
I always take advantage of this offer...the savings is substantial.
Don't miss out.

http://www.mredepot.com/servlet/the-561/2-Cases-(24-Meals)/Detail

Free UPS Ground Shipping Two-Case special of Menu C MRE's from MREdepot.com!

No Coupon Code Required, No Other Purchase Required and No Quantity Limit. Good for 4 Days Only (or While Supplies Last) - Expires Monday 3/29 at Midnight Pacific Standard

http://www.mredepot.com/servlet/the-MRE's,-Meals-Ready-to-Eat/Categories

Buy this Two-Case Special and get Free Standard Shipping

2 Cases of Menu C MRE's

Your Cost; $159.90 DELIVERED for Two (2) Cases*
*No Promotion Code Needed, Limited Time Offer, Applies to UPS Ground/Standard Shipping to the US and Canada only. Alaska and Hawaii orders require a $20 shipping surcharge per two cases ordered due to the high cost of shipping. Any Canadian Brokerage Fees and all Import Duties/taxes are the responsibility of the receiver. Does not qualify for or can not be combined with any other discount/promotion code.

·
Prepared
527 Posts
MRE Depot is one of my favorite companies to order from. They have great deals, carry lots of hard to find items and ship the same day! (If you order before 3:00 p.m). I just bought a Coleman multi-fuel stove for $49.95 last month, which is $20 cheaper than Amazon.com. :thumb:

·
I'll fix it
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put my money where my mouth is and placed my order.

Order Date: 3/26/10
Payment By: MasterCard Confirmation No: xxxxxx
Shipment Tracking:
MREdepot.com Items1 2 Cases (24 Meals) of Menu C Military MRE's with Heaters @ $159.90 = $159.90
Sub-Total: $159.90 Shipping: $0.00
Sales Tax: $0.00 MREdepot.com Total: $159.90

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
also check the case out for this guy was booted off another site over his dealing with dented cans and he would ship out case of the canned items with three or four dented cans in the case..not little dents where talking about heavy duty dents in them ..

·
Prepared
527 Posts
also check the case out for this guy was booted off another site over his dealing with dented cans and he would ship out case of the canned items with three or four dented cans in the case..not little dents where talking about heavy duty dents in them ..
Wow! I've never heard that before. I've never gotten a dented can. His rating on ebay is 99.8% positive (just checked to make sure). I've always been completely happy with my orders. Are you sure you've gotten correct information?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
try warrifles .com there is a section on him over there.. look on there frint page after hitting the enter button and you see at the botton of the page a section called dead man walking ..he was on a member over there and he got the boot the over sending out dented can to the people who order from him ..you have to join the website to read the full review but he was gettting a little bad about the grade of food items in can that he he was shipping out ..

me i never had the problem with some of the case ..but there was a few times i did have to make a phone call to see where the case of food items i had order..that had happen a few times.. you can find some of the same items that he carries over on the JC Rufuge site and he has a lot better track recorder when comes to deal with orders.. so give him a try first and see if can order it for you.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Wow! I've never heard that before. I've never gotten a dented can. His rating on ebay is 99.8% positive (just checked to make sure). I've always been completely happy with my orders. Are you sure you've gotten correct information?
you also understand as a dealer on ebay the owner of ebay will not put with a problem dealer for long .. so he plays by the rules on that area when dealing with people that buy from the website..

over on warrifles they where doing group buys on large orders and it was once joked that he would go down to cost co and get the large buckets of honey to fill up his buckets that he sold as long term plus there was a few products that started to come in beening dented and he would fill the order with dented cans.. i have had in a order a little dents in the cans i can live with not completely crushed cans at times...yes it may happened in shipping but it got to a point where 10 to 20 people where starting going to the owner of the website about getting there money back over the messed up and dented cans that the guy was just putting the case so that why i never did a group food buy plus i do not trust that many people with my credit card number ..

plus a never really meshed with the guy who ran the website there i join when i first got to ca area ..but when you start to see 10 or more people complaining about the products about the same thing there is a problem with the products ..

when order the fresh new supplies for the cabin we went over each can and it badly dented in went to a pile for to sent back and replace with a new one ..we did not have that many dented can so they went into the pile you eat first and then use the cans for something else....

·
Prepared
527 Posts
try warrifles .com there is a section on him over there.. look on there frint page after hitting the enter button and you see at the botton of the page a section called dead man walking ..he was on a member over there and he got the boot the over sending out dented can to the people who order from him ..you have to join the website to read the full review but he was gettting a little bad about the grade of food items in can that he he was shipping out ..

me i never had the problem with some of the case ..but there was a few times i did have to make a phone call to see where the case of food items i had order..that had happen a few times.. you can find some of the same items that he carries over on the JC Rufuge site and he has a lot better track recorder when comes to deal with orders.. so give him a try first and see if can order it for you.
I checked out the site you suggested and as I was reading through some of the posts I got to thinking that I did have a case of bacon and a case of pork sausage that I ordered last year and just stuck on the shelf without opening. So I dug them out and opened them up and found some pretty good dents in a couple of the sausage cans. In the middle of the box, which I find interesting because they were packed in there tight. A lesson learned. :eek:: But, that's what I'm here for. Thanks for your input.

·
I'll fix it
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is the first I've heard negative about MRE Depot.
I've ordered a ton of stuff from there and I've only received a a few dented cans of bacon that he replaced immediately.
He told me to keep the dented ones as a sample to try. Everything else has been perfect.
That is disappointing to hear. I won't post about them again and let others make their own choices.
Personally, I'll keep doing business with them as long as there are no problems.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
i never had a problem with the guy about replaceing the dented cans ..but to my personal knowage of what happened over at warirfles website they where problems with the orders he was shipping out and there are photos at the times put up on the website about the dented cans ..plus i think that the owner and him got into about volume discounts for the members and they it just went from there..

i will not do a group buy with anyone for it seams when you do a group buy there is a lot more pressure to get the order out and get out fast..

·
I'll fix it
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i never had a problem with the guy about replaceing the dented cans ..but to my personal knowage of what happened over at warirfles website they where problems with the orders he was shipping out and there are photos at the times put up on the website about the dented cans ..plus i think that the owner and him got into about volume discounts for the members and they it just went from there..

i will not do a group buy with anyone for it seams when you do a group buy there is a lot more pressure to get the order out and get out fast..
I appreciate the info.
I just got through digging out my cases of Yoder's and checking all of them but, there're all ok.
It's not unusual to get dings in outside cans from UPS abuse but, in the middle is suspicious.
I've got a ding in a rice can from LDS but, it was small so, I'm not concerned.
I registered @ warrifles to check it out and I'm waiting for approval from admin.
Well, at least the MRE's aren't in cans and are packed well.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
you have to remember to take what is said over there with a grain of salt at times just like what is beening said here with a grain of salt about the post and the people they are tallking about ....when i order something i print out the items i order put it up on the board when it comes in ..the order is checked off from the print out and the invoice set up ..along a couple of other people i know on one suppressor forum really did not mesh with the guy over there when talking about legal class three items that a person legaly own and have in a state that allows class three ..

also i understand if a can is on outside and get a little ding in it ..ok that part of the shipping and can deal with that ..but when the cans are in the middle of the case.that means they where packed that way by the company and the company knowing full well that they had shipped out a bad case ..just to get it out the door ..

·
Prepared
527 Posts
you have to remember to take what is said over there with a grain of salt at times just like what is beening said here with a grain of salt about the post and the people they are tallking about ....when i order something i print out the items i order put it up on the board when it comes in ..the order is checked off from the print out and the invoice set up ..along a couple of other people i know on one suppressor forum really did not mesh with the guy over there when talking about legal class three items that a person legaly own and have in a state that allows class three ..

also i understand if a can is on outside and get a little ding in it ..ok that part of the shipping and can deal with that ..but when the cans are in the middle of the case.that means they where packed that way by the company and the company knowing full well that they had shipped out a bad case ..just to get it out the door ..
I take everything with a grain of salt but when a post gets 239 replies, it really makes you take notice. I didn't read them all but enough to realize that this problem has been going on for several years and should have been addressed a long time ago. The dents (and they were GOOD dents) were on cans in the middle so they had to have been packed that way. The box wasn't bent at all! Steve may not have packed the boxes, but he sells them and it will reflect on him. I too will continue to order from him because I've been very happy with the products and service, but I will always check my orders when I get them from now on. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.